1

CHAPTER 1

TW : Bul*ying , sc*rs, ab*se

" I have learned so much from my pain but I keep wondering what joy hasn't taught me yet."

Chapter 1 - Fractured child

AUTHORS POV

December, 1982

 Feyre - 2 years old

"She is just a child, Rhys, How do you expect me to hide her any longer from the others?" Aveena Azura wept in the quiet night of December, her despair filling the room.

Rhys Azura, torn between duty and family, attempted to reassure his sobbing wife. "We have to, Aveena. She is not the same as all of us. If the dark lords find out about this she will be-" His words hung in the air, heavy with unspoken danger.

"Why don't you withdraw from Deatheaters and the Darklord? For the safety of our own Feyre." Aveena implored, holding his hands desperately. 

"You know I cannot do that, Aveena, I must stay loyal to the Darklord.  I have to do this. We have to do this. We cannot let others know she contains blood higher than all of us.'' Rhys declares, a mix of affection and desperation in his eyes. 

 Behind all of this lies a small frail child - Feyre Azura, who is destined to be the victim to all this endless chaos. She slowly creaks the door trying her hardest to make the faintest noises. She sees her dear parents crying, unable to hold themselves together, sinking in their own vulnerability. She lowers her eyes, closing the door with her tiny hands.  

Authors Point of view 

April , 1995

Feyre, 15 years old. 

In a dimly lit room, Feyre lied helpless as a mysterious figure towered over her. "So Feyre, how should I play with you today?"  He sneered, sending shivers down her wounded and tired body. She was laid there on the brink of falling unconscious.  

"Please, please let me go Draco" Feyre plead,  struggling to move from the cold floor.  Covered in scars, blood and burn marks, she was trying to get mercy of out of Draco, her tormentor. 

Draco smirked, revealing his sadistic desires, grabbed a heated clothes iron, threatening Feyre with it. "You will never escape me" He asserted.

She limped away but Draco's strong hands pulled her closer to him. "You have very pretty legs Feyre" Draco smirked looking at the only place in her body where there weren't as many scars as her hands or stomach. "I would like to see it ruined" Draco teased, grabbing her legs. Tears rolled down her cheeks in pure fear of what would happen to her legs. 

"You're mine" he finished as he pushed the iron into her skin enjoying her screams of pain and agony.

December , 1996

Feyre, 16 years old. 

"Feyre!" A voice enters as Feyre snaps back into reality. Feyre looks at her with tears swelling in her eyes. Asteara  cups Feyre's cheeks, " Feyre, are you thinking about it again?" Asteara asks concern written on her face. Asteara's green eyes are filled with disbelief, watching her best friend growing worse and worse as every day passes by.

The bright, beautiful girl she was once close with was now ruined, internal scars ruining her forever. 

"I'm trying so hard to forget but they just keep coming back" The lump in her throat makes it harder for her to speak. Tears flood her eyes and she trembles trying to make herself stop crying. Her hands cover her face, attempting to stop the tears.

Asteara sits beside Feyre on the bed hugging her tightly, "My poor baby" She coos, trying to keep the scrambling girl together. " As long as I am here they cannot hurt you" she rubs Feyre's shoulder. "I will not let them" 

POV OF MATHEO RIDDLE

Ever wonder what it's like to drown? It's the story of opposites.

It's like there's peace in the water. Like it's holding you, whispering in low tones to let it in. And every problem in the world will fade away as darkness settles in.

...

But then, there's this thing...

in your head, and it's raging. 

Lighting every nerve with pure madness - to fight, to survive.

And all the while, this question lingers before you, " Have you had enough "

It's funny, you could pass a lifetime without ever facing a choice like that.

It charges you forever. And for that, I thank you, 

Dear parents. 

The monologue for Matheo was inspired from Arcane :))