Was duryodhana a true friend?

Lord Krishna upon seeing karna having difficulties in choosing between him and duryodhana, he came near to him and ask why he is taking so long time. He asks is there still anything in his heart which is stopping him from making decisions.

Karna says that he is living in the unpayable debt of duryodhana. Whatever he is today, it's because of him. He had given him a kingdom and respect which generally not be given to a low caste person.

The debt could only be paid if he stood with him in his battles. If he get a chance to prove that he is the true friend of him  in the battle by getting wounded or even reaching death for him, he would be proud of himself.

Krishna is listening this curiously, yet completely knowing what karna want to convey. He interrupts karna and ask how he know that he is a true friend of duryodhana? What is friendship according to him?

Karna reply by saying "he is not choosing Krishna's side because of being tied with the friendship of duryodhana. He want to become his reason for victory and in case if he choose krishna then duryodhana will lose his hope for him long before the battle".

"From the day he crowned him as a king, he never left duryodhana alone in his difficult situations. He stood with him and protected hin like a shield and always helped him to get rid of his problems. This is what a true friend do".

Lord Krishna again interrupts and says he knew he did everything for him, but he doesn't know what duryodhana did for karna in respect of his welfare.

Karna took a pause and think about it before saying "everything he was able to do for him he did honestly madhav".  

Krishna says that a true friend is "someone who could change himself for to be his friend's friend not someone who try to turn his friend like him knowing whatever he is doing his wrong & against the moral principles".

Krishna declares that duryodhana used karna in the name of friendship. He took away his all logical thinking capabilities from him and take him to a way of unreturnable adharma, the way of destruction.

Duryodhana made karna to stand against the principles of dharma and be a slave for adharma. Krishna further reveals that he is a part of duryodhana's uncle Shakuni plot who suggested him by making karna's friendship they will able to remove pandavas from their side.

The enemity with pandavas is what truly led duryodhana to make friendship with karna. If he think that duryodhana has any kind of sympathy seeing karna's hardships then he is living in a delusion world.

Duryodhana is not a kind of person, who's heart filled with love and compassion for others. From easiest to difficult situations, he thinks about himself before others. That's the reason he wasn't choosed as a king yet and he is the main subject for the upcoming war for his misdeeds.

Karna was totally shocked; he knew duryodhana did many wrong things and have strong enemity for pandavas. But, he was unaware that his friend used him to accomplish his goals and never actually sympathized for his situations.

A guard came inside the tent and informed karna that duryodhana called him immediately and karna looked Shri Krishna with a desperate eyes.

Is it's too late late for karna to leave duryodhana's side?

// Any suggestions for next update ?? :-)