Backstory

In this universe soulmates never existed.The world was in a way a sad,depressing place to live in.One day it suddenly all changed.Scientists to this day are still trying to figure out what caused this change but it was something that would change the way the whole world worked.One night when the moon was the brightest it had ever been in its history something amazing happened. Suddenly the night sky was alit with a rainbow of colors.Some thought it was an aurora,others through it was just fireworks but in reality it was even more mysterious and beautiful.For the first time since the beginning of time there was a lunar rainbow.The colors danced across the sky in such a brilliant display that the whole world for just a moment seemed to be in suspended animation. As the colors began to fade, what looked like glitter fell from the sky.What the world didn't know is that fate took it upon herself to change the very fundamental function and balance of human society and it would be a day that noone would ever forget. A couple decades passed and more knowledge was discovered from the night. That was the day soulmates suddenly existed in the world. Families were torn apart, there were many deaths because noone knew the dangers of just what it implimented.

Once the scientific community had gotten a hold of the situation over 1 billion people had unknowingly caused their own deaths. Society and life itself would never be the same again. Scientists began to develop a better way to discover ones soulmate to avoid anymore deaths.The system they created was by having everyone in the world young and old get registered in a massive database called "Lunar Soul". Every government in the world then collectively decided to pass a law that registering in the database was mandatory.

Once a person soulmark appeared they had 30days to register it in the database by joining the soulmate app called "S.O.U.L. Once they did the database would automatically search for others who bore the same or similar soulmark. How do you get your soulmark you ask? Well the mark appears in phases.

Pre-phase) A Circle appeared on everyone's wrist the night of the lunar rainbow.

Phase 1) Activation of the bond starts through physical contact with their soulmate and the outline of the mark will appear within 24hrs

Phase 2) The pull becomes so strong if the soulmates arent near each other that it can cause them physical pain,severe cases can lead to fainting. This will last for a full 48hrs sometimes longer depending on the circumstances and how strong the pull is

Phase 3) When the soulmates have an emotional connection and share their first kiss the mark outline will then fill with color.In the case of a soulmate cluster*group of 3 or more* there will be one color per soulmate in the group.If any color(s) are missing it means that they are missing a soulmate and need to find that person urgently to complete the full bond

Phase 4) This is specific to the Lotus Flowers -Their deity mark will appear once the cluster is fully bonded based on personal characteristics in the dynamic of the cluster and their own individual personality.The color in the mark becomes much more vibrant.The diety mark will  pulse with a gold color during this time and then will turn solid gold in the outline of the diety mark and the color will be based on their soul color.Soul color is sometimes based on their aura color or their favorite color.The outline of the deity color will only turn solid gold once the person recieves their soul gift/soulmate ability.Sexual contact will make the solid gold outline pulse with a shimmering effect like its a living entity seperate from the person.

Now scientists have discovered that there is a rare soulmark which happens to be the lotus flower.Those who are blessed to have the lotus flower will not only be a unique soul group but they will have a specialty about them that is said to have a 0.0000000000005% chance of happening.This soul group will have 99.999999% compatability and their soul abilities will be unique as well. The second most rare soulmark has already appeared in a soulmate group of 7 but they are waiting for their last soulmate.Their mark is is of a rare crystal with a moon. Since the database was created the sucess rate of people finding their soulmate the first year jumped from 0 to 50% the reason it wasn't higher is because some people didn't believe that soulmates could be real regardless of the countless scientific studies that had been done so the death tolls were still pretty high during this time however as the years went by the rate went from 50% to 99.9% the reason for this was because of the exceptions or soul groups better known as the Lotus flowers and they were unique in both their soulmarks and soul bonds as a whole theres only one group in the whole world since the soulmate event in the 1700s.Those who are blessed to have the lotus flower will not only be a unique soul group but they will have a specialty about them that is said to have a 0.0000000000005% chance of happening.This soul group will have 99.999999% compatability and their soul abilities will be unique as well. It is now 2010 and the Lotus flowers are about to make their appearance soon but noone knows when. All scientists know is that once they do appear they will not only be the largest soul bond group on record as the highest currently know is 6 but they will slowly over time develop bonds that will transend both life and death.And so this is where our story begins.......

A.N.

Hey guys thanks for making it through this first chapter i know its kinda long but wanted to give a bit of backstory before we officially jump in its going to be an extra slow burn to build up but I really wanted to create a story that drags you in and leaves you wanting more to where you can picture yourself at the character herself and although this story is something very personal to myself I hope that you will become as invested in this story and its characters as I am.Also as a sidenote the songs will not be in the same order.

-with love Angel