Chapter 13

The crashing of waves, a chill growing in the air as warmth made a mist the second it touched the cold air the closer to land the ship grew. Violet eyes stared out and clear waters turned a blue so dark and icy it was its own abyss of promised frozen fangs. Icy blue hair entered the corner of the violet eyed woman’s vision, her frown only turning into a scowl the second she registered who it was that came into sight. A man she despised was an understatement, solely because their relationship was far more complicated to be that. And she more than despised him anyways.

“Dottore. Have you come to irritate me further? ‘Tch, It's been over 20 years and you haven’t even changed. I hate that you still managed to find me…why must you continue to hunt me down, haven’t I served you enough purpose after those 14 years?” Was all the Violet eyed said, flinching when she felt something touch her suddenly. A coat, Dottore’s harbinger coat….how cruel. For a man who bare’s no heart he only shows kindness if it benefits him. Disgusting, nauseating, and truly cruel.

“Now now Dyonisis, you used to be so well behaved. And I can’t let you freeze to death now, can I? No, I can’t lose such a precious experiment now. It’d be such a waste. After all, an experiment to have lasted 36 years! Why is it ever more fascinating the longer you survive! You are a walking sentient anomaly of my creation.” Dottore simply smirked, the only thing seen from his masked face as he spoke so casually as if such words didn’t ever cause a sting, as if this was simple as discussing weather. And to Dottore it was, it always has been.
Dyonisis simply looked away, she only did as he asked to keep her friends safe. She never told them about her relation to Dottore, but how could she? They’d never trust her ever again. Dottore spared her no glance as he turned to walk away, Dyonisis knew he wouldn’t go far. This was nothing new. After all, she grew up around Dottore so she learned his habits well. When he knows an experiment can be rebellious he’ll walk away to give a false sense of ease at him being gone, but Dyonisis learned that habit after watching it happen only twice.

The boat ride was mostly quiet, most on said boat knew to keep hushed voices and to avoid disturbing the Doctor and the “Experiment”. For fear of wrath, and who knows what kind of reaction the bat eared woman would have. Even when she seemed distracted by the sight of the first snow as a sign of nearing land, none approached her. After all, they had never met her before, and were scared by the fact she had the guts to speak such rude words to the Doctor. As if she knew him her whole life, and unknown to those simple recruits was the fact she had indeed known Dottore her whole life.
And when the first sight of the docks came into view, Dyonisis felt a sense of dread as she shot a glare towards the icy blue haired man who forced her to come back. All she got in return was a grin that only showed just how mad this man was, and Dyonisis hated that it was the only one she was used to seeing on his face. After all, she knew she would be in a world of torture once more once she entered that cursed lab of his. For it had been such a fate for years, and she could only pray that whatever he finds out will have him bored and she’ll be let free finally. But such wishful thinking was foolish, for she just knew there would be something he’ll find no matter what to keep him interested.

“Welcome home, Dyonisis. It’s about time, after your 22 year long…’vacation’ from home.”

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------—

The lab, so blank and clean. But no amount of cleanup can undo the sight of blood she’s seen spilt time and time again. Be it her own or another's, spilt on the floor and placed in some kind of container to force her to drink it. She shivered, hesitance written all over her as she followed behind Dottore. The few recruits they passed gave her concerned looks, and she could understand their concern. After all, to them it looked like Dottore had a new experiment planned instead of the fact she was an old experiment reacquired.