Chapter 41

A/N: There is a make-out scene in this chapter so just a warning :) 

---------------------------------------------------------

Tam didn't really need to bring a bag of his clothing, he had his imparter and home crystal in his pockets and plus he and Keefe started to leave some of their clothes in the other's bedroom, which makes it easier for sleepovers.

Tam was sat in Keefe's bed, looking about. Keefe had decorated his room a little more, which included a few pictures of them up on the walls or by his dresser. Tam had a copy of all the photos Keefe had of him, Keefe even drew some of them for Tam, which he placed in his own room.
Tam looked and seen Mrs.Stinkbottom on the bed and he gently held her again. Keefe liked to pretend that they were 'parents' of the green gulon, which Tam thought was a little cringey at first but...well he sort of grew into it. The things you do for love is...sometimes a little weird.

"I got a snaackk!!" Keefe exclaimed, entering the bedroom with a packet of gummy worms.
Tam looked at Keefe, who had a huge grin on his face.
"...When did you go to the Forbidden cities?" Tam asked as Keefe went over and sat next to him.
"Oh uh...not too long ago...sort of after our most recent finals... Since I soon have that exam to see if I'm qualified for the Elite levels..."
"Keefe, you need to spend your time studying for your Elite levels exam-" Tam whined.
"Tamm! I'll be fine! I passed finals so..." Keefe wailed back.
Tam sighed and he rubbed his eyes.
"...Okay but if you don't qualify, what are you gonna do? Mmh?"Tam asked, looking at Keefe.
"Maybe Kesler wouldn't mind taking me on in Slurps and Burps! I can make great elixirs for pranks so-!" Keefe began.
Keefe stopped himself as Tam looked at him with worry.

"I've been studying as hard as I can Tam, I promise." Keefe said softly.
"I know it's important to you and...my dad will literally kill me if I don't get into my Elite levels..."
"You swear-?" Tam began.
Keefe leaned in and pecked Tam's lips.
"I swear, love." Keefe whispered, looking into Tam's eyes.
"I've been studying and studying and I will continue to study, but I wanna celebrate how we got each other on our lists and just have a night off with you. Is that okay?"
Tam looked at Keefe and smiled.
"Mmh...I guess it's okay." Tam said.

"Good, now let's eat some gummy worms!" Keefe exclaimed, pulling away from Tam.
Tam let out a quiet scoff as Keefe pulled back.
"Gummy worms are more important than...I dunno...maybe kissing?" Tam questioned, looking at Keefe.
"Have you had gummy worms?" Keefe raised his eyebrows.
"No offense my love, but I would trade you for 10 bags of gummy worms."
Tam raised his eyebrows.
"...I'm starting to think our lists were wrong." Tam said, slightly glaring at Keefe.
"And just 10 bags? I'm worth 10 bags of gummy worms to you?"
Keefe shrugged at Tam and Tam rolled his eyes, looking away from Keefe.
"Wow, 1 year just to find out you'd trade me, and think my worth, is for 10 bags of gummy worms." Tam said, shaking his head from disappointment.
Keefe laughed as he set aside the bag of gummy worms in his hand.

"Tam..." Keefe sighed out softly, shuffling about to face Tam.
Keefe delicately rested his hand beneath Tam's chin and tilted his head towards his direction. Tam looked at Keefe, raising his eyebrows.
"Yes, my supposed love of my life?" Tam questioned.
Keefe smiled as he leaned in.
"Don't act so coldd! I was just joking around, I would never trade you for 10 bags of gummy worms." Keefe said softly as he kept leaning in closer.
Tam stared at Keefe.
"...How many bags would you trade me for?" Tam asked, looking into Keefe's eyes.
"...11 bags..." Keefe said, slowly and hesitantly.
Tam smacked Keefe's wrist, causing Keefe to let go of his chin.
"Ahh! I'm kidding! I'm kidding!"

Tam smiled, rolling his eyes.
"I can't believe you love gummy worms more than me." Tam said.
"I don't love gummy worms more than you!!" Keefe exclaimed.
"Oh yeah? You sure about that?" Tam questioned, tilting his head.
"I'm very sure!" Keefe nodded.
"Mmh, would you trade a bag of gummy worms for me?" Tam asked.
Keefe stayed silent.
"Keefe!" Tam scowled.
"What? Huh? Sorry, I wasn't listening! I was admiring your beauty!" Keefe exclaimed, grinning at Tam.
"...This joke has gone too far Keefe. I'm resisting the urge to break up with you right now." Tam said, glaring at the blonde Empath.
Keefe smiled as he leaned in, pressing his forehead against Tam's.
"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." Keefe said.
"Mmh, not forgiven." Tam stated, looking into Keefe's eyes.
Keefe hummed. "Mmh...okay, okay...I think I know what'll get you to forgive me."
Tam raised his eyebrows.
"Oh? Do tell-" Tam began.

Keefe cut Tam off with a kiss. As soon as Keefe's lips met Tam's, Tam couldn't help but smile into the kiss as he shut his eyes. Keefe's hands reached up and he cupped Tam's cheeks, gently caressing them with his thumbs. Tam shuffled about in his seat as he wrapped his hands around Keefe's waist, leaning in closer to him and deepening the kiss.
A few more seconds passed and Keefe pulled away for a moment, still only a few inches from Tam's lips as he breathed out softly.
"I'm never gonna get used to how fast my heart beats when we kiss." Keefe whispered, feeling his cheeks warm.
Tam smiled and laughed softly.
"I can't even imagine how you feel when we kiss." Tam said softly as he looked deeply into Keefe's ice blue eyes.
"I mean, as an Empath that must be overwhelming-"
"Overwhelming yes, but not a bad overwhelming." Keefe said, smiling at Tam.
"There's just always...sparks when we kiss." 
Tam felt his own cheeks warm and he bit his lower lip. Keefe noticed how Tam blushed and his smile just grew.
"It's a nice sensation as well." Keefe said as he leaned in to kiss Tam once more.

Their lips met once again and Keefe tilted his head slightly to deepen it once more, causing Tam's heart to flutter. Tam's lips were always so chapped, probably due to all the times he's bitten his lip, but Keefe had gotten used to the feeling and sort of enjoyed it. Keefe's lips on the other hand were always so soft and at first Tam would feel a little self-conscious about his own lips and how they've always been but since Keefe never mentioned it, Tam hadn't really minded it any time they'd kiss anymore.
Keefe's hands sort of slid down around the sides of Tam's necks, his fingertips running through the ends of his hair. Tam's hands slid up from Keefe's waist and to the sides of his chest as they continuously kissed. They pulled away just for a moment, taking a few breaths before they locked lips again. Keefe leaned into Tam, causing Tam to lean back and lay back onto the headboard of the bed. Keefe felt his heart fluttering and his stomach churning.
He didn't want to stop kissing Tam. His brain was starting to get fuzzy. Tam was feeling the same flutteriness and need to not stop and keep going.

Keefe's fingers ran through Tam's hair, slightly tugging at it. Tam pulled away after Keefe tugged on his hair gently.
"T-too far?" Keefe grinned nervously as he looked at Tam.
Tam's cheeks were red. "Uh, no, no..."
Keefe looked at Tam and tilted his head as he noticed how heavily Tam seemed to be breathing.
"Oh..."Keefe sighed out.
Tam looked away from Keefe as he fiddled with his shirt. Keefe continued to gently run his fingers through Tam's hair as Tam caught his breath back.

"Keefe-" Tam began.
"Mmh?" Keefe hummed, looking at Tam.
"You know that this...this isn't like a hint for you and I to-" Tam began.
Keefe's cheeks turned bright red.
"Oh my god Tam!" Keefe exclaimed.
"God, yeah no, I know!"
Tam looked away from Keefe, his face red from embarrassment.
"Okay, I'm just making sure..." Tam mumbled.
Keefe smiled as he quickly peppered Tam's cheek with kisses, causing Tam to giggle.
"Hey, hey-!" Tam exclaimed, gently slapping Keefe's chest.
Keefe stopped and looked at Tam who looked back at him, resting his hands on Keefe's chest as they stared at one another.
"You don't have to worry about me thinking if anything will be a hint towards...that." Keefe stated.
"...We'll have to talk about it. And like I said, I have that exam to study for so... I can't get super distracted!" 
Tam smiled up at Keefe.
"Well, thank you for clarifying that, Keefe." Tam said softly.
"Mmhmm! Now I wanna get back to making out!" Keefe exclaimed.
Keefe quickly began to kiss Tam once again before Tam could say anything. Tam giggled into the kiss and Keefe smiled as after a few moments Tam began to kiss Keefe back properly. The kiss was just as sweet and loving as their previous kisses.

*****

So the make-out session may have lasted longer than Keefe and Tam expected it to. 
It wasn't as if they were complaining but they hadn't expected to get so carried away.
At the moment though, they were now cuddling in Keefe's bed, just eating some gummy worms as they talked to one another while also cuddling with Mrs.Stinkbottom because as Keefe said, they 'couldn't just leave their child feeling unloved'!

"Don't you find it crazy that it's been like, over a year since we began dating?" Keefe questioned, dangling a gummy worm above his mouth.
Tam looked at Keefe and rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, over a year since you played that shitty prank on me." Tam stated.
Keefe popped the gummy worm in his mouth and spoke as he chewed.
"Heyy! Stop bringing that upp!" Keefe whined.
"Eugh, chew with your mouth closed and don't speak while chewing!" Tam scowled.
Keefe did as Tam said and swallowed the worms he had chewed up.
"Seriously Tam, are you just gonna constantly bring that up?" Keefe frowned.
"I have no idea what you mean by 'constantly', I have not mentioned that prank in a little while now." Tam stated, looking at Keefe.
Keefe sighed. "Still...you make me feel all guilty when you bring it up."
Tam grabbed a gummy worm from the bag and he held it towards Keefe.
"...Will a gummy worm make you feel better?" Tam asked, raising his eyebrows.
Keefe glanced at Tam and at the gummy worm.
"...yes." Keefe mumbled.
Tam snickered as Keefe took the gummy from his hand with his mouth.

"...I'm surprised you're not tired of my presence yet." Tam said,leaning his head back against the headboard.
Keefe looked at Tam, furrowing his eyebrows.
"Why would I be sick of your presence?" Keefe asked, grabbing another gummy worm.
Tam shrugged.
"You don't find me a bit too...I dunno, possessive sometimes?" Tam looked at Keefe.
Keefe finished eating the gummy worm and he looked at Tam.
"mmh, I find it cute when you get jealous." Keefe stated.
"I don't think you're possessive either."
Tam smiled slightly at Keefe.
"You don't think of me as...I dunno, sometimes cold or mean towards you?" Tam asked.
"Eh, I love you for you. And you're sometimes mean and cold, but you make it up for whenever we kiss." Keefe grinned.
Tam hummed.

"Speaking of which, I'm surprised you're not sick of my presence either." Keefe said.
Tam looked at Keefe, tilting his head.
"Mmh? How come?" Tam asked.
"I'm very childish, first of all." Keefe stated, looking at Tam.
Tam frowned slightly.
"Well, we had a crappy childhood, didn't we? A lot of trauma and...manipulation, you're just...making up for that I guess." Tam shrugged.
"Plus it's cute. Sometimes a little gross, but cute."
Keefe hummed as he set aside the bag of gummy worms and he cuddled up onto Tam's chest.
"I'm clingy." Keefe said.
Tam began to run his fingers through Keefe's hair.
"You respect my boundaries." Tam stated.
"And it's nice to have...you be so clingy."
"Cause you're touch-starved?" Keefe questioned, looking up at Tam.
Tam made a disgruntled noise but he nodded.
Keefe smiled.

"I hate to say it, Keefe but I think the only reason why we aren't sick of each other's presence after a year is because we're deeply in love with each other." Tam sighed, looking at Keefe.
"How dare you suggest such a thing, Tam?" Keefe gasped dramatically.
Tam clicked his tongue.
"I'm sorry, I knew that wasn't the reason. I just thought I'd suggest it." Tam said, shaking his head.
Keefe smiled as he reached up and pecked Tam on the lips.
"You and your silly theories." Keefe tsked the male.
Tam smiled at Keefe as he continued to run his fingers through Keefe's fluffy blonde hair.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 2034