Chapter 2

A tense silence hung in the air as Firey watched the demon he had summoned.

She had been sitting by the window for a while now, totally quiet and unmoving.

He wondered when it would leave, there were no signs of leaving being anytime soon though.

After staying in one place for so long, Firey was beginning to get pins and needles in his leg and he needed to walk around.

He also felt pretty thirsty y so he decided to get up and go to the kitchen to get himself some water.

But as he got up to walk out, the demon's voice broke the silence.

"Stay put, human we still need to talk"

Firey jumped, scared out of his wits at the demon's every movement and he stayed where he was.

"There are important things that must be discussed between you and I, wouldn't you agree?" The demon spoke.

"I'm sorry but I don't think I'm following," Firey responded nervously.

"You are just as stupid as you look," the demon sighed. "If you recall, you summoned me and have now trapped me here, in a place where I have nothing to my name,"

"But how does that involve me?" Firey asked confusedly.

The demon rolled it's eyes and pinched the bridge of it's nose, taking a moment to compose itself.

"I have nothing in this world, I have nowhere I can stay and seeing as it's your fault I'm here, the least you could do is provide me with some form of sanctuary," the demon said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"As repentance for your idiocy, I request that you allow me to take shelter in your residence for the duration of my time in this world,"

"You're asking to stay here?" Firey asked bewildered.

"Well, there's no where else is there?" The demon retorted.

"But like...here?" Firey repeated, gesturing around.

"Believe me when I say I would rather stay anywhere else but it's all I have," the demon sighed.

The demon stood up and dragged her index finger along the window frame, glaring in disgust at the dust that she gathered before turning toward Firey.

She was so intimidating, even a human could sense she had some sort of power in her blood, her stance, her posture, all of it commander respect and reverence.

So you can imagine surprise Firey felt when the demon sneezed like a small cat.

Firey suddenly felt a little less scared, seeing the poorly hidden embarrassment on the demon's face put him at ease somewhat.

The demon could tell that she had lost a bit of her impact, trying her best to skip over what had just happened she spoke.

"Human, you have trapped me here for an unknown amount of time and so I request...no, I demand that you permit me to stay with you for the time being,"

Firey stood as tall as he could, doing his best to pretend that he wasn't scared silly.

"What happens if I say no?"

...

The demon appeared to be at a loss for words, her expression was genuinely taken by surprise.

"I-I mean...you, um..."the demon stammered, looking around the room and trying to come up with a response.

Firey folded his arms and stared the demon dead in the eyes, his fear ebbing away with each passing second.

"Go on," Firey said, making a circling gesture with his hand.