chapter twenty-one;

chapter twenty-one;

I'M NOT BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN, I WAS RIPPED TO SHREDS FROM THE INSIDE OUT

NOVEMBER 2TH 1994

TWO DAYS AFTER THE CHAMPIONS WERE chose it was safe to say everyone in Hogwarts had gone insane, losing all of their brain cells in the process.

Anywhere she went— whenever she wasn't in the underworld or hidden in the secret room— the students would be around the corner laugh obnoxiously loud, cheerful and impatiently waiting for the first task, girls were giggling and flattering their lashes every time Diggory or Krum passed by—

( She caught some girls glaring at her in the library, because Diggory decided to ignore her threatening eyes and sat at her table. )

Although she did notice that when Potter walked by they sneered and mocked like Slytherins. Not that she cared, it just confused her, and annoyed her, how after four years of going to the same school and even the same house they were still ignorant and brainless.

Needless to say Athena felt extremely irritated that day, despite mythological monsters she let her anger out on earlier. There was a slashed wound on her hip that didn't seem to heal, the people around her seemed to scream in her ear and hovered in the corridor more than usual.

When she reached the Slytherin common room Athena stilled at the portrait, taking in the sight.

Sitting on the leathered couch were Daphne, Draco and Theodore. The former two were chatting happily with this Apollo guy who seemed to be quite happy with the conversation and sat on her spot.

She gritted her teeth, marching towards them.

Theodore noticed her first since he was the only one not talking to him, instead eying the entrance like he had expected her to come in any second and interrupt whatever this scene was. He was also the less trusting one out of the three of them, although the other two weren't usually this open with strangers either.

"Finally," he threw his hands up dramatically, "where were you?"

The others stopped talking, looking at her expectingly. Athena sent a glare at Apollo, not bothering to hide her disdain. He tried to smile at her.

"Kitchen," she said curtly.

"You could've just go with us to breakfast," Daphne frowned at her, then as if having forgotten the company across from her, she gasped suddenly, "Oh, right! This is Apollo, he was looking for Raph this morning so we brought him in here since Raph wanted to come by anyway."