chapter twenty-two;

chapter twenty-two;

YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THE MOST UNEXPECTED PERSON AT THE MOST UNEXPECTED TIME

NOVEMBER 17TH 1994

ATHENA LEANED TO THE SIDE, DODGING the fangs coming at her neck. She took a grab of her arm, twisting her entire body around and creating more space between them.

„The distance won't help you, you know," the she-vampire smirked at her in a cheeky way, „I'm faster than you, silly wolf."

She grabbed three knives between her fingers, unfazed at her words. Her eyes were steely, fixated on any small movement the girl—woman—made as her hand stiffened in preparation.

The knives flew in light speed at the vampire, cutting through the pale skin on her stomach grazing right at her ribs. Catherine groaned at the pain, forced to take them out to heal.

„You missed," she smirked at her arrogantly, assuming Athena meant to hit her heart.

Athena tilted her head, „No, I never miss."

The undead creature looked confused for a moment, before the knives in her hand caught fire, exploding in her face. She was thrown meters high in the air, before collapsing against the wall with a cough.

„Damn," she muttered, looking down at her stomach, „why am I not healing."

„Vervein, mixed with a little garlic. Toxic for vampires I heard," Athena shrugged, smirking a bit. „It's gonna take a little while to burn that out. It's deep in your flesh."

Clara—or maybe Clarisse—lunged at her angrily not able to use the full speed of a vampire and Athena prepared herself for the blow, drawing her sword. She realised this vampire was maybe a more experienced one, maybe a couple of hundred years older than the last one she fought with, because it flew over her head in bat form before transforming back on the cliff to the wall.

„I heard your family has special powers," Celeste said in a wondering tone, tapping her chin with her finger, „saw some of them myself on the forties. Your grandmother, I think? Let's see if you can do better."

Athena glared up at her before her fists tightened at her sides and she hovered above the ground with the sword in her hand, meeting her eyes evenly.

They met each other half way in the air, where Charlotte grabbed her wrists with a wink and Athena kicked her a few meters down, slashing through her chest. Much to her disappointment it healed within seconds and the vampire gave her a smug smile at the annoyance on her face.