19- Daddy Did It

Russo

"Ten years ago, all I wanted was to be a part of the National Guard. I trained for months before I could apply, and I was accepted within the next two weeks afterwards," Reid had sat us in an interrogation room, with the door closed. He drew the blinds, but I knew everybody was watching...listening at most.

"Being a woman is hard enough these days, it's even harder being a young woman in a command base. Men take you for weak, naive, promiscuous, I mean we're supposed to live in a golden age for God sakes and nobody feels they can take us seriously in the uniform," I said.

"What happened the night you were attacked?" he asked asked.

"I can remember like it was yesterday. Some of the senior officers were having a party on base, celebrating a win from Afghanistan; I decided to check it out," I replied.

"Were there any other female officers?" he asked. I scoffed.

"I guess they knew not to go," I said. "I went there, one of them poured me drink,"

"What was it?"

"Beer. I was underage at the time, but they said I could break the rules as long as I stuck with them,"

"Did it taste funny?" he asked.

"Beer always taste funny," I replied.

"I mean do you remember if it tasted off, maybe somebody spiked it?"

"I dunno, maybe? I don't remember much about that. I guess I got so drunk, that when I came to... I was on a bed...and they were on top of me," I took a breathe and let out a shaky sigh. Reid placed his hand over mine.

"Do you wanna stop?" he asked.

"No, no I can do this," I replied.

"Okay. How many were there?" he asked.

"Four; David Coleson, Emery Harding, Daniel Sharrick, and Barret Willis. Willis was the most aggressive," I replied.

"How so?"

"He sat on my chest so that I could hardly breathe. He yanked my hair, hit me...he was rough," my voice cracked at the end, I felt my eyes burning from my tears. "I asked them to give me a break...just a second so that I could breathe...they laughed. They got off on it," He gave my hand a squeeze.

"How long did this go on for?"

"I don't know. I was in and out for a while. By the time I woke up...I was in an interrogation room with two guards. Terrence Marshall came in, and told me I was in there for my 'protection', he had the balls to ask if I was gonna sue the base," I sniffled.

"How long did they keep you?" he asked.

"Three days. One of the guards finally gave me his phone to call my dad. That's when they released me, so I could see a female army doctor,"

"Did they do a rape kit?"

"Yeah. But by the time the DOJ started their investigation...it disappeared," I replied. "It's not just what these guys did to me, it's that they knew they could get away with it too,"

Hotch

"Is there anything we can do?" JJ asked.

"Statute of limitations is up, there's not much we can now," I replied.

"So that's it? Kennedy's possibly scarred for life and these guys get to walk away?" Morgan asked.

"Unfortunately, that's the way it looks," I replied.