10 - See Through

We were on the plane and thirty minutes out from Detroit. I was at the coffee station, but I was getting a glass of water instead.

"So Sniper Girl, where would you get silver bullets?" Morgan asked me. I stopped and looked at him.

"Did you just call me Sniper Girl?" I asked him.

"Why not? You're the only one here who has military experience," he said. Rossi cleared his throat while he read his files.

"May I remind you that I was handling rifles long before either you nor 'Sniper Girl' were thought of," he said.

"I know, but Kennedy is much nicer to look at," he smirked. Rossi narrowed his eyes, then flipped him the bird behind his file.

"Oooh, you got the finger," I told Morgan. He chuckled and sat down in his seat. "And for your information, silver bullets are very difficult to come by. You can buy them for over five hundred dollars on certain markets, maybe between hundred to a hundred fifty on the black market. Independent sellers can make about three hundred grand a year on their sales, double that for gold," I replied.

"There are pure gold bullets?" Kate asked.

"Sure, my dad wanted a set for his fiftieth birthday," I replied.

"Did you get 'em for him?" JJ asked.

"I could've, but I would've had to be dead and buried with my one million dollar inheritance times three," I replied.

"That expensive, huh?" she asked.

"That's why phonies usually just paint the metal gold," I replied. The laptop that was open sprung to life and Garcia came into view.

"Bad news everybody, there was another sniper shooting downtown, but this is a huge differ in victimology," she said.

"Who's the victim?" Hotch asked.

"Harold Baissin, he was a head senator for crime in the district," she replied. That was surprising.

"From gang bangers and kiddy diddlers to political bureaucrats, that's a mighty jump," I said.

"Was his head taken off?" JJ asked.

"No, fortunately for my beautiful blues, they didn't have to lay eyes on the disturbing sight of a headless corpse, but the man with a gaping hole in his chest. And that bullet went through and through," she replied.

"Did Senator Baissin have any connections to the gang or Reginald Bunker?" Rossi asked.

"Besides being mighty invested in the justice system, none that I could find. He did used to work as a state prosecutor and took on some pretty in-depth cases," she replied.

"So this could possibly somebody out for revenge?" Reid asked.

"The gang bangers I could understand, they may've been target practice. But a child molester who was making his appeals?" Kate asked.

"The unsub may've figured that Bunker could've been a victim of practice as well, testing to see if he could get a clean shot off from over 10 miles," Morgan said.

"Possibly, coroners also had one hell of a time extracting a silver bullet from his chest cavity," Garcia said.

"I'll bet, those things once fired can fuse to bone and organ tissue," I replied.

"Did Senator Baissin have any enemies?" Hotch asked. Garcia scoffed in response.

"He was a politician, is that a trick question?" she asked.

"Did he receive any threats in the last couple days?" Morgan asked.

"None as significant as wanting to shoot him with a silver bullet, but fear not, I shall keep searching, adios," then she signed off.