Chapter 6

The following morning I managed to wake up before my alarm. It was a blessing really as it was very loud and severely annoying. But what alarm isn't really. After taking a shower and getting dressed in a white tank top with dragons on it, and black leggings. I put on Deuce's sweater before putting my glasses on and making my way out to the main part of the school.

I had promised to meet Clawdeen and Frankie at the coffee stand. They found me as I recieved a donut filled with spider legs.

"This is it my friends, we're actually in a school. It's just like the movies, and I'm not entirely sure how to act," Clawdeen was gushing over everything, especially the lockers. Happy that we were all next to eachother.

"Look a vending machine with actual snacks in it," She pointed out as Frankie asked what a movie was. Just then Draculaura, who was their other roommate came over to the machine. Bumping it to get a free thing of jellied newt eyes. They sounded yummy. Clawdeen and Frankie stared at her in awe. Their expression made me giggle. It's nice to see they are just as new to this whole thing as I was.

I was putting things into my locker, smiling at the thought of decorating it. My ears perked up at the sound of a snarky voice.

"Check out the walking jigsaw puzzle and freaky hybrid," a girl says and I turned to see Cleo, the girl who was trying win Deuce back. She had been heckling me on any social media platform I had. Not that I accepted any message requests.

"Hi I'm Frankie, pronouns they/them. I was created from the parts of famous dead people," Frankie introduced not realising that the mummy was making fun of them.

"Especially that hair, no wonder a dead person let you have it," Cleo retorts only to be scolded by Clawdeen, saying that she loved Frankie's hair. As did I it was well styled.

"Aren't you technically dead too there mummy. Instead of picking on innocent monsters why not take a trip to the duat and just stay there. Maybe Anubis can get Amon to judge your clearly icicle shaped heart. I'm sure it wouldn't be level with the feather of truth," I retort, coming to stand on the other side of Frankie.

"Oh who's the little succubus dragon hybrid with the awful black claws, and the little doggie with the purple ears and claws," Cleo states in a mocking tone.

However I shifted into my dragon form, teeth elongating as well as my claws. Eyes turning a vibrant yellow. Together Clawdeen and I both growled scaring the mummy girl and her friend "Who are you calling little,"

The two mean ghouls ran off claiming that if they stayed around any longer they'd get mange and scale rot. I shook my head at their ignorance.

"Thanks for standing up for me," Frankie said giving us a big smile, which the both of us returned "Um Sylvia there's a very attractive monster looking at you,"

At this I turned seeing Deuce smiling at me, he made his way over. Holding out a creepaccino which I accepted, handing him the donut I'd gotten earlier.

"I've made some more friends," I pointed out, holding my hands out like I was showing something off on a tv show.

"I see that. I'm proud of you Sylvie," he replied gently taking my hand. Something my new friends picked up on as Clawdeen winked at me. "Standing up to Cleo like that was very bold. I'm Deuce by the way," the first part was directed at me and Clawdeen.

"I'm Frankie I'm 16 days old," Frankie introduced themself. I noticed that they always had a smile on their face, which was nice really. Once again Moe made an appearance, peeking out over Deuce's shoulder.

"You're a Gorgon!" Clawdeen exclaimed looking in awe at the snake, who hissed before resting on my shoulder. Maybe Moe was staring to warm up to me.

"Yeah, but not that kind of Gorgon. I was headed down a dark path a few years ago. Now I'm trying to change who I was," he explained "hense the slightly pretensious glasses,"

"It works, you both match," Clawdeen says causing my face to flush, as well as Deuce's. She must think we're a couple or something.

"Look don't pay any attention to Cleo," Deuce says looking at Frankie "she's got mummy issues. Being wrapped in linen for a thousand years isn't good for the heart. Trust me I should know, I use to date her,"

"My heart is from a dead fisherman named Earl," Frankie states which made me giggle.

"You dated her," Clawdeen states wondering how someone as warm hearted as him could be with someone who was cold towards others. Opposites often attracted. Look at my parents for instance.

"Yeah, that was a different part of me. I'm reinventing myself," he explained before kissing my forehead "I'll see you in history. Again it was nice meeting you," he walked away as I took a sip from my creepaccino. Ignoring the obvious stares that were being thrown at me.

"What?" I asked already knowing what they were going to ask. Could tell by the looks on their faces.

"You forgot to mention that you're dating a highly sweet monster," Frankie states causing Clawdeen to nod in agreement.

"We're not dating. We've only known eachother three weeks. Both of us decided to come early. We've just became incredibly close," I explained trying to focus as I could feel my dragon urging it's way forward. As it always did when around or at the mention of Deuce.

"Oh really. If that's not the case then why did he kiss your head before leaving, or held your hand before that. He bought you a coffee and you gave him the donut. Not to mention that is clearly his sweater," Clawdeen gushed pointing out all the finer details that I usually just overlooked.

"How did you know it was his hoodie?" I asked as she giggled, holding up my arm where the sleeve had completely engulfed my hand.

"Not to mention that it is clearly adorned with snake skin, and it matches what he was wearing," Frankie adds a tight lipped smile on their face.

They tried pressing further for information but I was literally saved by the bell as it rang. And Clawdeen was called into Bloodgood's office. Making me off the hook for the time being. Hopefully that would be enough questions today.....