Chapter 5

The frantic knocking on my bathroom door did nothing to settle the nerves coursing through my body. Panic was a very prominent look on my face right now. All the other students were here now, and school would officially start tomorrow.

"Sylvia come on, it's alright nobody is gonna bite. Well except maybe Lagoona but it's not that likely," Deuce says from the other side of the door, which I had finally unlocked. After hearing the click, the handle slowly opened revealing the slightly optimistic Gorgon.

"I'm freaking out," I admitted trying my best to compose myself, which didn't work as a pink mist began coming out of my skin, causing me to freak out. I was about to pinch Deuce's nose closed til I remembered my powers didn't affect him.

"Why are you suddenly emitting a strong floral smell? More specifically cherry blossom?" He asked as I took a deep breath. The aroma going way, making the mist to go away.

"Another one of my powers, when I'm nervous it acts up. It's pheromones of attraction, they smell different to each person. The scent they like most on other people," I explained and he gently took my hand, which nulled my thoughts and calmed me.

We hadn't talked about what happened the other day, but it was fine. Nothing had changed between us, so I didn't feel the need to bring it up again.

"Look everything's going to be fine. Just stick by me and it'll all work out," he reassured giving me that charming smile of his.

"Alright, I can do this," I psyched myself up nodding my head in agreement at the words.

With my hand still in his, we made the journey out of the room. Nobody paid any attention to us as we made our way into the entry hall where a group of monsters were singing and dancing. Like what in the highschool musical did I just sign myself up for?

The whole thing confused me dearly, but after hearing some of the words I had to admit the song was a vibe. And I definitely could connect with the message about finding a place to belong.

"Yeah this sort of thing is totally normal here," Deuce informed laughing at my befuddled expression. We had stopped just under the balcony, watching as everyone began dancing. Just then this boy with orange skin came over, a flame igniting on his head when he saw Deuce.

"Hey Deuce, you ready to cause some mischief this year?" He asked taking Deuce's hat off, which made a girl scream as the snakes wiggled around. Moe taking the chance of striking me yet again, he was making a bad habit out of it.

"I'm done with that stuff," Deuce told his friend, who now noticed me.

"Oooh new ghoul is looking on shriek. Cool glasses," he says snatching them off my face, trying to put them on. I screamed making sure I only looked at Deuce before clamping my eyes shut.

"Yo Heath, that's not cool. She's part succubus," Deuce scolded Heath and I felt the hard plastic resting on my nose once more. I let out a deep breath, reopening my eyes.

"Sorry little lady. Deuce forgot to mention that huge detail about his new ghoulfriend," I felt my cheeks heat up as flames crept from my skin. Yet Deuce did nothing to correct his friend.

"She's also part dragon," he told Heath who smiled brightly before doing this weird dance.

Next thing I knew everyone was swept up in the dance ensemble. Not one for dancing I did my best to follow the motions. Although I'm sure nobody noticed how terrible I was doing. So I most likely didn't just embarrass myself in front of my peers.

Once everything was over Deuce said he'd meet me out by the lockers in the morning. Then we said goodnight before going our separate ways, as I was making my way back to my room there was a tap on my shoulder.

"Um excuse me I'm Frankie. Pronouns they/them. I'm only 15 days old. Would you mind helping me find my dorm," they asked and I turned to see a franken monster. They gave off major golden retriever energy.

"Nice to meet you Frankie. I'm Sylvia, she/her. Of course I can help you," I replied, proud of myself for actually talking to someone other than Deuce or headmistress Bloodgood. They showed me the paper in which the room number had been written on. "Oh it's right across from mine," I say handing them back the paper.

"Oooh that's so exciting," they exclaimed getting rather excited. I had a feeling we'd become fast friends. Which I was severely lacking, as I only had one.

The two of us made the short trek down the hall where our dorm rooms were. They invited me inside, which I accepted hoping to make more friends. The room was divided into three, to the left was a set up sort of like mine. Plants made a canopy around the bed. On Frankie's side was this charging chair along with a bed that was more like a metal table. The back half was the most plain out of them all. Furniture that was shades of blacks and reds, and a pink coffin.

The door opened revealing a pretty werewolf with purple hair and claws. She was gushing over her side of the room as she took everything in.

"The school customised the rooms to our liking. It's so cool," Frankie exclaimed jumping up and down.

"Mine looks like an enchanted forest," I added as Frankie began introducing both of us to the girl. Who's name was Clawdeen. It was a lovely name, suited her well.

"My parents made me, but not in the way werewolves conceive, or succubus's," Frankie went of to spew out an assortment of facts about both of our kinds.

"Actually I hatched from an egg, I'm part dragon," I replied and the three of us talked for awhile before I ventured back into my room. Ready to fall asleep.

On my bed was a folded snake skin sweater that had a note placed on top of it. The handwriting was elegant.

Because I know you'll get cold tomorrow,

XX Deuce

I chuckled placing the sweater on top of my dresser then crawled into the cosiness that is my bed, here's to hoping that tomorrow goes well.....