His body momentarily froze. Whatever he was keeping from me must be important because I sensed his dread when I asked him.

"Can we talk about it later? I don't want to bother you with anything yet, you've only just gotten better."

"Is anyone in any immediate danger?" I asked.

"No." He shook his head.

"Has anyone died?"

"No." He said slowly.

"Then it can wait."

His shoulders relaxed into the chair and I shot him a sweet smile. Whatever it is, I trust him to tell me when he's ready.

I watched as he ate the rest of his food and the more I looked at him, the more I could see something had changed.

"Why do you look.. different?" I couldn't figure it out, pursing my lips as I looked him up and down.

"I got taller.. and stronger.. a little bit of everything actually."

"How?"

"It's a zaviour thing. When you were taken, it triggered something in me. Certain situations can cause it to happen, kind of like a fight response."

"I didn't think it was possible for you to look hotter but my god, look at you." I tried to keep my voice low and Kai laughed loudly.

"Is that so?" He raised his brows.

"Can you pass me my water please?" I muttered, feeling a little hot and bothered.

Kai smirked, standing to his feet and removing his hoodie.

I watched as he sat back down, gawping at his defined arm muscles.

His t-shirt seemed to have shrunk, no longer hanging loosely like it used to.

"Are you wearing Klaus' t-shirt?" I joked, stifling a laugh as he shook his head.

"Ha, ha."

Medic Haldon knocked on the door and Kai quickly put his hoodie back on before opening it.

I snorted a laugh and Kai grinned when he turned back around to face me.

"I'll just run a few tests and do a quick body scan to double check everything has healed properly and then you'll be good to go."

"Ok." I nodded with a smile.

I was looking forward to going home. The familiarity of it and the fact that Kai and I would have some alone time was all I wanted.

Haldon's tests took quite some time. Being prodded and poked was annoying and having my body scanned was a troublesome task. I couldn't keep still but I persevered, wanting to get everything done so I didn't have to stay overnight.

Waiting was the worst part. Patience was never one of my strong points and I closed my eyes on the bed while Kai massaged my feet.

"I'm sure Haldon said something about massages being good for me. They'll help me get back to normal." I stated, keeping my eyes closed to stop myself from laughing when I saw Kai's face.

"Baby, you don't need to use Haldon to get a massage. I'd quite happily use my hands on your body whenever you'd like."

My heart fluttered when he called me baby. The way he said it made my stomach flip and I had to hold my breath to calm my urges.

I wasn't in a fit state to have him in bed with me so I stayed quiet until the feeling passed.

"Are you still awake? Kai spoke quietly.

"Mhmm. I'm just enjoying myself."

I opened my eyes when Haldon knocked on the door.

"Well, Daisy. It looks like your body has healed tremendously. There are no broken bones, all internal injuries have completely healed and there are no other indicators to suggest that anything else is wrong. All you need to do now is build your strength back up."

He stood at the end of the bed with a warm smile.

"So, I'm free to go home?" I grinned.

"Absolutely. And I mean this in the nicest way possible.. I don't want to see you here again." He chuckled.

"I can't see that happening. Not now that Fe.." I cleared my throat, straightening my back. "Not now Felix has been dealt with."

I scowled. Just saying his name made me feel anxious and all I wanted was for Kai to wrap his arms around me and shield me from the world.

"Indeed he has." Haldon sighed before leaving the room.

I glanced over at Kai and he instantly joined me on the bed, wrapping his arms around me.

"You're safe now. I'll never let anyone hurt you again, I promise."

"I love you, Kai."

"I love you, Daisy."

We stayed like that for a short while before Kai looked down at me, tucking a loose curl behind my ear.

"Shall we go home?"

"Yes, please." I nodded with a small smile.

•••

Being back home was comforting.

Kai helped me shower and change into a soft set of thick, cream pyjamas and once I'd brushed my teeth, he carried me into the bedroom, placing me on the bed gently.

The lights were dim, the house toasty warm and I snuggled into the bed with a satisfied hum.

"Can I get you anything?"

Kai was extreamly attentive and I felt useless, struggling to even stand up straight.

"Don't worry about me, I'll manage."

"I can't help but worry. You're my soulmate and you will forever be my everything. I want to help you get better, so don't refuse my help. I'm here, utilise me."

He lay down next to me and his warm smile was all I needed.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

His thumb grazed my cheek and he lent forwards, pressing his soft lips against mine.

"I've missed you so much."

His words pulled at my heart strings and I felt guilty.

"I'm sorry for asking Haldon to sedate me."

"I understand why you wanted him to. If it was up to me, I would have had him do it sooner but it was your decision to make, not mine."

"You would?"

"Yes. It would have been selfish of me to keep you awake while to were in so much pain. Of course I missed you but it had to be done."

I sighed, blindly tracing my fingers over his bare chest. "Thank you for rescuing me. I will always be grateful for everything you've done for me."

His lips pressed against mine again, only this time, it felt more possessive and I moaned at the tingles that emerged.

"Get some sleep." Kai grinned, gently caressing my cheek before placing a single kiss on my temple.

"Fine." I chuckled, turning on my side.

I felt Kai's hand come to rest on the dip of my waist and I closed my eyes feeling safe and content.

As long as I had Kai, I knew that nothing else mattered and he would protect me no matter what.

_______________________________________

How do you think Daisy will react when she finds out about Felix?

I almost don't want Kai to tell her but he has to, doesn't he?

Thank you so much for the votes/comments this week. I really do appreciate each and every one of them! ❤

Next update is coming soon so keep your eyes peeled 😁