24

Their was internal conflict. The council of elders passed a new law regarding the humans, with a list of activities they could and could not do. The mech people had recently reverted back to the old ways after the plague wiped out most of the female. Before, females had equal rights to males, holding positions of power and working in every field. Now however a female would be lucky if she was aloud to get a job at all. I look over the list of rules for the humans. It was painfully worse then the rules for mech females. Of course there would be outrage. The reason there were so few mech females was because the elders reverted back to the old laws. The remainder female population starting a civil war over it.
These laws read clear however: they are not our equals. It would take awhile for the human females to feel outrage. Their current plight had it to where they could not do anything except be house wives. These rules however limited there freedoms in social settings as well. Megan would hate these laws.
My mind raised back to Megan again and our recent encounter. The nerve of her to ask me to wear another man's face while I took her body. It was an insult. I knew she was hurting, and that I had wronged her but I couldn't bring myself to be able to lower myself to that degree. It was demasculating.
I request an audience with my mother immediatly, hoping to convince her to nullify this new law. I grit my teeth, I knew my mother's opinion of the humans already. She most likely approved of these laws with glee. In the mech government the council of elders mainly ruled over our religious practices and society standing. They had the power to write out and submit laws to the queen. The late king, my father, was the one who approved of the current sexist laws. When my mother came into power she simply never bothered to revoke them, seeing what she called positive outcomes from the laws. I thought she just enjoyed having more power over people. The less one had the happier it made her. The population was so low for females it wouldn't have made much of a difference, but now. Now there were thousands of human females.
"Danm it" I mutter. I was already getting reports of outraged from mech males. These laws would limit them traveling and protecting there mates. I could feel another headache coming on. How could these laws pass with out me knowing? Was this the reason my mother sent me away when she did? So I wouldn't interfere? Questions were swirling around my head.
I got a notification on my tablet then that my request had been denied.
"Damn it vora!" I yell out
With my temper rising it takes ne a moment to notice the second notification from my mother, an invitation to a ball. A ball to celebrate my mating. The notification read with a command to bring Megan. It was in two weeks. I nearly threw my tablet at the ground. The last thing I needed was a party, I needed to talk about these new laws!
"My prince" an officer greats me from the deck.
"State your business" I bark out
"Theres an unidintified craft in the distance sr. We believe it may be space pirates. We await your orders..." He says noticing my anger.
"Show me" I simply say. He brings up an image of the craft. It was a heaping pile of junk, deffinatly a hundred years old or so with evident wear on the sides. It was painted with a blue stripe down the side. A sign of a friendly craft to the space alliance. I took a closer look on our cameras, the line was obviously a replica. The golden barcode in it was off slightly.
"Prepare our weapons and hail then on our com system." I say moving to the captians chair in the middle of the brigs.
"Yes sr." He says as he moves to give out my orders.
"I want shields up!" I yell as I finally make it to the control room, my first officer moving out of the captians chair to make way for myself.
The image of a gilac came into view on the main screen. They were hideous creatures from the lax galaxy that ozed from every surface. He started speaking in his foreign language on the main speakers, a translated version coming into my ears and that of everyone on the ship.
"We are transport ship, with goods of various kinds headed toward the planet veor. We want no trouble with the mech" the gilac said.
"Whats your identification code for the galactic alliance?" I ask
"4227895323" He responds
"Run the numbers" I say to an officer on deck.
"Prince they aren't showing up in our system for that model of craft." The officer said.
"We don't want trouble" the gilac suddenly said over the com.
"You have trouble now." I say coolie. "Take aim."
The officer turns around and gets to work at his station, lights flaring up as he rapidly pushes buttons, the canons on the side visibily moving to the section of space the craft lay in. I sit back in my seat and wait for the small crafts next move. The main monitor depicting the gilac suddenly goes fuzzy as he cuts off communication. They fire two shots, they reach the craft, explosions happening just outside the glass frame as the hit the shield.
"Fire" I say and shots go off, quickly making there way to the other craft. Explosions errupt all around the small ship, ojr own contiously firing until it finally lands a blow. Debry flies off into the abbis, as the ship breaks down.
"That's enough" I say "We want some of the ship let to search."
"Yes my prince" the officer responds.
"I want scans going off now to search for anymore near by ships." I say
"My prince we spot three more coming at us from a distance. There firing hot at us." An officer to my left says.
"Are the canons ready?" I ask
"Yes my prince. On my count we can fire again. Three... two... one. There ready prince."
"Aim for the side on the third one" I say watching the scene now from the main monitor in front of me, picking out weak spots.
"It's down prince." An officer says.
"I have the second one down." Another officer to my right says immediatly after.
"The last one is trying to hail us. In coming message." Our com specialist says.
"On the main screen" I bark.
Another gilac appears before myself and my crew, his expression hostile as he quickly rattles off his death threats.
"You will pay for this. Others will come for you." He gurgles out.
"Cut the feed and fire." I say
The last ship went down quickly, their shield already weakened by previous shots, my ship making quick work out of it.
"I want an expedition team on those ships now. Let's find out what they were transporting." I say getting up from my seat. My first officer quickly taking it. "Let me know if you find anything." 
"Yes my prince" my first officer responds.
I was so tired of those words, yes my prince, and the responsibly they bore. But there was power behind those words. My power. I was head of the military forces and I would shoulder that responsibility proudly. I was a prince.