IV

"And Carlos Sainz wins the Qatar Grand Prix, incredible performances from the Spanish driver in the last two races, he managed to stop Max Verstappen's winning streak, will he start his personal streak?"
Those were the words that echoed after Carlos and his Ferrari had passed us once again. Max had come second, a very good result, but not what he had expected. Immediately after the podium he got off and went straight to the pits, specifically saying that he didn't want to talk to anyone, so I left him alone. I knew what it meant to ask to be left alone.

From the pits of the Ferrari near us I heard everyone celebrating, after Max, Charles had arrived, so it was a double podium for Ferrari. I decided to go to Charles, my best friend, to compliment him, he was one of the few guys I trusted blindly, along with my brother.

"Hey Char, congrats!" I told him with a smile

"Lily, thank you so much, we all really needed this podium"

"You deserved it Char"

"Thanks Lily, I don't know where Carlos is though, in case you want to talk to him too"

"No Char, don't worry, we don't ne-"

"Oh here he comes," Charles interrupted me

I saw Carlos getting closer and closer, and flashbacks to the night before in the parking lot and at the nightclub came to mind.

"Stay away from me little Verstappen"

"Carlos?"

We were too close to each other, our noses were touching and his body was pressed against mine.
Our breaths intertwined, we were so close that our hearts beat together.
And at the disco he wouldn't take his eyes off me, it was like there was a special connection between us every time our eyes collide.

I decided to put a stop to those thoughts.

"Sorry Char I have to go now" I told him

"But there's Car-"

"Yeah yeah, whatever, you'll say hello to him from me" I interrupted him and ran away before Carlos could arrive.

CARLOS'S POV

After winning the race, I got on the podium, it was a great feeling to win two races in a row.
After the celebration, I went to the pits and celebrated with Charles a bit, after all we had both won, me first and him third. 

Then I went to the garage and replied to all the messages that came to me on Instagram and WhatsApp from my family and fans.  It was so strange to have so many people cheering me on. Fred also arrived and complimented me, i thanked him and I stayed in my box for a while to enjoy the feeling of victory and to relax a bit after the race.

Afterwards, I wanted to go to Charles to congratulate him and say goodbye because I was about to go back to the hotel. But when I saw him, he was already talking to someone. He looked like a girl, or rather, definitely like a girl. When she turned and our eyes met he immediately knew it was Lily.

The night before, at the disco, I had made a huge mess. I went to the disco only because Lando asked me to, I got there by 10:30, but around 11:00, I saw this beautiful girl come in with a bright red dress. I couldn't figure out who she was because her back was always turned, but when she turned towards me, time stopped and I saw her.

It was Lily, I'm not saying that seeing her in a red dress didn't have a certain effect on me, she was the most beautiful of all the girls there, and even if I wanted to, I couldn't take my eyes off her. When I saw her walking back into the parking lot, I was too drunk to stay composed and serious, and I let myself go a little too much.