I

"Good morning Miss, do you have a reservation?"

"Yes, I have a reservation under the name Lily Verstappen"

"Perfect Miss Verstappen, your room is number 155"

"Thank you so much"

"I finally arrived after hours of flying, I'm exhausted", I don't even have much time to relax for a second, in two hours I'll have to be in the Redbull pits.

I, Lily Verstappen, was the new engineer of my brother, Max Verstappen.

I didn't even know how something like this had happened, I only remember, I needed a break, and having always grown up around engines and having learned a lot from watching my brother compete, I proposed myself as his new engineer. I didn't think they would accept me since the Formula One season has already started, but here I am on a random Friday in Singapore, for the qualifying.

It was already eleven o'clock, I had to get moving, I have to be at the paddock in an hour and a half.

"I better go take a shower" I thought to myself. I washed and changed into comfortable but clean clothes, as I would like to be presentable for the first day of work. So I opted for the simplest option, jeans and a redbull t-shirt.

"Better than before for sure" I thought, looking at myself in the mirror. I was late as usual because it was one o'clock and I should have already been at the paddock, I had to get moving, I grabbed my bag and left the hotel. Just as I was leaving, immersed in my anxiety and thoughts, I bumped into someone, "perfect" I thought."Sorry, I didn't see you."

When I raised my head to see what I had crashed into, I saw two huge brown eyes staring at me in annoyance.

"Of course you should be more careful"

"I just said sorry, I'm late!"

"And for what, tea with friends?"

I glared at him, and walked away, I didn't have time to argue with a child, "how rude!" I thought when I got on my motorbike. After a thousand complaints from my dad and my brother, I managed to get me a motorbike. It was much easier and faster to move through traffic with a motorbike than with a car and what's more I loved the speed and the adrenaline it gave me every time I used it.I sped through the streets of Singapore and prayed I hadn't gotten a fine.

When I arrived at the Red Bull pits, I left my motorbike in the parking lot and luckily my brother Max was waiting for me at the entrance.

"You've finally arrived" he said to me in his usual tone

"Sorry, I collided with a rude person and I was about to argue" I replied

"Don't worry, I'm happy that you are here and that you are my new engineer, so we will be together a little more" he told me as he hugged me

"I missed you too and I'm happy to be here too, but don't get used to all this love" I told him in a joking tone

"I see you're still the same old stupid Lily," he said, jokingly pushing me

"And you're the usual stupid Max" I replied jokingly too.

Max and I had a very difficult relationship because since we were little we saw each other very little, but in times of need we were always there for each other."Come on, let's go, Christian and the others are waiting for you" Max told me

"So how are you, how was the trip?" he asked me while we were walking

"The trip is ok, even if 12 hours of flight is a lot" I replied, "everything else is fine, I'm definitely better than a few months ago"