III

LILY'S POV

1 week after the Singapore Grand Prix, Qatar Grand Prix, Losail.

Finally after a weekend, we were back on track. We were all under a lot of pressure, drivers, engineers and mechanics. We had to remedy

Singapore disaster immediately. I arrived straight away at my hotel, it was morning, I had taken a very early flight to arrive early that Saturday to prepare for qualifying.

I wasn't able to be there the day before due to a last minute unexpected event, but at least for the qualifications and the race, I was there. I got to the hotel, unpacked very quickly and as usual I put on the Redbull t-shirt, but with a white skirt, it was too hot for jeans. Then I ate something quickly and went to the parking lot to get the motorbike, the skirt wasn't going to stop me from using the motorbike. Even though the race would take place late in the afternoon, I arrived at the paddock around 10.30am to check strategies, tires and radios.

As soon as I arrived, I took off my helmet and immediately felt the heat that was that day, I left the motorbike in the parking lot and set off for the Redbulls. The Qatar circuit was an almost new circuit, so there would have been many problems with the asphalt and with the resistance of the tires, also taking into account the temperatures. When I arrived at the entrance to the paddock, I noticed that it was new, they had done it from scratch, and it was really very large and spacious. I arrived at our garages and near us there were the Ferrari garages and the Mercedes ones. I entered the garage and saw my brother Max who was chatting with Charles.

"Hi Maxie, hi Lightning, how are you?" I greeted them

"Hey Lilys, you've finally arrived" my brother greeted me, hugging me, "you're beautiful" he said to me, and I smiled at him.

"Hi Lily, are you okay?" Charles told me

"Everything's fine, I arrived here very early, only then I had to stay at the airport for some checks, but everything else was fine." I replied.

"So what were you talking about?" I asked him

"We're all a little worried about the Grand Prix because the temperatures will be very high and we're worried about not being able to breathe in the car" Charles explained to me.

"Yes, it's a very dangerous circuit, but we'll make it" said Max

"Yes of course, I have to go now because my engineer is calling me, see you later and good luck Max" Charles greeted us

"Bye Char, say hi to Carlos too" said Max, I hadn't thought about Carlos all week and hearing his name reminded me of the wink he gave me in Singapore."Stop it Lily, don't think about it" I thought to myself.

"So shall we go to lunch together?" my brother asked me

"Yes of course, great idea" I told him. When we arrived at the restaurant, we sat down, ordered food and started talking.

"So Lilys how are you?" Max asked me

"Everything is fine, I'm just a little tired from the flight Max." I told him

"Are you sure Lilys?"

"Max, where are you going with this?"

"Nothing, you know I'm just worried about you after what happened with Jake"

I stopped suddenly, Jake was my ex-boyfriend, it was a very long story, why did he want to talk about it?"Max, why do you want to talk about Jake?" I asked him

"You know Lilys, after everything he's done to you, I can't worry about you, you're still my sister after all"

"Maxie, I appreciate that you care about me, but it's been over with Jake for four months now, I don't think it can randomly come back into my life, I'm fine now" I told him smiling. And it was true, I was fine now, I couldn't wait to start the new job and make a new life after everything that had happened with Jake.