Ch 10

*contains some mature content*

---

"I know you probably have some questions, so please ask away." Amber smiles sweetly at me. She explained to me why she, a firewolf, would decide to lead a pack of werewolves instead of a clan of element wolves. She fell in love with a certain alpha, and he became her happily ever after. She also explained to me what element wolves were, even though I already knew.

I'm torn on the decision on whether or not I should tell her about myself, because I don't think that she'll believe me. After all with my wolf gone, why would she? I smell like a human to her. But I guess it's worth a shot.

"Amber I..I'm an element wolf as well." I look away from her puzzled look as she sniffs the air. "Samantha, element wolves develop sooner than werewolves do. If you were an element wolf I would've known before I met you because I would've sensed your wolf."

"I know. I know all of this. I'm-" I close my eyes and sigh. "I was the Alpha of the Lockhart Clan down south. Unfortunate circumstances happened and I had to leave my clan, so I've been doing the outside work for them until I can return. It wasn't a coincidence that Alpha Charlie's pack found me in the woods. I was sent there to rid his territory of rouge element wolves. Only I found out how abusive he was, and I couldn't fight back without giving myself away and ruining everything my clan had worked for. He beat me for the 4 years I was there. The last time he almost killed me..and my wolf left. I haven't felt her since. My mark's even gone." Amber looks at me completely shocked.

"You cannot tell the Alpha about this, okay?" She blinks multiple times.

"Y-You're an A-Alpha fire wolf?" I nod slowly. "Yes, and the boy in the prison, is my beta and twin brother. That's why he called for me." She takes a deep breath, then takes both of my hands in hers. "I'm going to help you get your wolf back Alpha, and nobody will find out about this." I smile weakly at her.

"Thank you Luna." She smiles back and stands. "I'm going to go let the pack doctor know that you're feeling better." She turns and walks out of the door right as Mason walks in.

"Sam! What happened in there? What's going on?" He still has a concerned look in his eye that makes me smile. "I'm okay Mason, Amber went to let the pack doctor know that I'm ready to leave."

He nods. "Did you know that creature?" I look down. I remember what Sebastian's last words were to me.

You're abandoning us.

No. No I wasn't going to abandon them. My clan is my family. I have to do something, but what?

I stand and walk out of the room, with a confused Mason trailing me.

"Sam! Where are you going?" He walks beside me, looking at me with eyes full of concern. Without looking at him, I adjust my hood and answer "I'm going to train."

---

"Alright Samantha that's enough for today." I hear Lux's voice from the side as I continue throwing combinations at the punching bag. Without slowing down, I say "you can go teach your class. I'm going to stay a bit longer."

Lux looks conflicted. "Mason didn't want you left alone. Maybe you could sit in for a class?"

I stop and look at her. "Lux I appreciate your concern, but I really need to get some stuff off my chest. I'll be fine." Lux looks at me for a few more seconds, then sighs.

"Fine, but if anything happens you yell, got it? I'm just on the other side of the clearing." I nod. She gives me a small smile and turns to grab her bag and walk away.

I turn back to my bag and continue fighting it. So many things flood my mind.

You let us down.

You're abandoning us.

Your clan needs you.

Coward.

Pathetic.

Little girl.

The last thought sent me into a full on rage and I punched the bag as hard as I could. Instead of the bag flying back like it normally did, it snapped the thick branch it was hanging from and flew halfway across the clearing. My eyes widen in shock as it had grabbed the attention of some of the werewolves there. I feel my body temperature rising quickly, and I look at my hands to see my skin turning red. I suddenly felt an excruciating pain on my right hip. It was enough to bring me to my knees, and I wrap my arms around myself. I bit my lip to keep from screaming, causing it to bleed. But as soon as I taste the blood, it's gone.

I feel something wet on my side, and I pull my hand away to see it covered in blood. My eyes widen as I lift my hoodie, to see 3 claw marks on my right hip.

My mark.

I gasp as I feel my wolf enter my presence with a vengeance. I've got to get out of here.

I'm going to shift.

I stand on weak legs and take off into the woods.

---

Sorry for the slow updating guys! I just got back from the beach, so updates should be more frequent again. I hope you guys are still enjoying this story! :)