*¬*Chapter Forty Three*¬*

Hell is nothing like I thought it would be. It's worse. It's dark and cold and filled with constant screaming. There is no end to the insanity. After closing the rift, I opened my eyes to see a place filled with dark mountains, red valleys, and far off in the distance, a looming castle.

The demons were flying about in crazed circles, their voices overpowering one anothers. It's too much for my ears to handle.

"ENOUGH!" I shout. They instantly stop. "Everybody to the castle, we will meet there." No one bothered to correct me. To say that Curseclaw was the ruler here. No dared breathe a word.

It took a while, but the walk to the castle finally ended and upon entering the obsidian, glass like walls of the palace, I pause when I realize that it's only one floor. The main floor is tall and looming, with a throne in the centre of it. There are windows on the left and right, and small ledges for the demons to rest upon should they be summoned here. In the far left corner a door, to what I assume is the private bedroom of the ruler here.

Striding for the throne, I pause before it, my fingers shifting into claws as I rake them down the arms of the rock seat.

Fitting. But there could be lots of work done here. It's time to assert your dominance Althea. Become the Dark Queen.

One by one, the demons fall in line an endless row of black. One by one they turn their beady eyes to me.

Augustus is shoved to the front, and Curseclaw snarls in my direction, "This is ridiculous. I am the ruler here. You can't just claim that seat as yours." Before he can say anything else, I've silenced him. His hands going to his throat is the words refuse to fall from his lips.

"You don't get a say in this demon. You are no longer the most powerful creature here, and everyone else knows that. So shut up and get in line." The words are aggressive, poisoned with annoyance and authority. To my surprise, he does.

Addressing the rest of the room I smile at them, "Hello. You may not know me, but I am Althea Alinac, descendant of Myra Alinac and part demon. I come from a powerful demon bloodline. The Blood Crown chose me and after finding it, I accessed it's powers along with mine and Myra's to stop the war you all created."

There's a pause as I inhale the slightly stale air around us. "What does this mean then?" Augustus growls. "It means, princeling, that I am now the new ruler of this court. Bow to your new Queen."

So they do. One by one, they drop to one knee, lowering their heads as I take a seat upon my throne.

Welcome home Dark Queen.