finding the world under foot

En başından başla

"Who's we? Fuck that. You're perfect." Katsuki grumble, easily steering Izuku out of the crowd. What had been a rather good mood on his part was soured completely, he glared at any and all who dared to approach him, or more, his cute, cuddly, beautiful boyfriend of three years and childhood soulmate of near on twenty-five.

"I'm not perfect, Kacchan. I am happy with my size, its just hard to deal with society's image issues, you know that."

Izuku mourns the joy Katsuki had felt earlier in the evening when he introduced Izuku proudly and smugly to the line of reporters outside amid the swears and threats that were so part and parcel of his character.

"You're perfect and juicy and nobody should fucking know or care you're quirkless. I don't." Katsuki's hand squeezes on his hip, always defensive now over the issue that had caused them so much strife when they were young.

"It's okay, Kacchan. I can handle it." Izuku pets over his tense knuckles. "And stop using the word juicy, its embarrassing."

"It doesn't matter that you can handle it, you shouldn't fucking have to." Katsuki answers, and they leave the party through an empty side corridor. Not entirely empty, because they pass a young new hero and his paramour kissing against a cold cinderblock wall. Pro Hero Dynamight and his newly debuted lover are ignored. "Now, who is we."

"Me and your PR team, Kacchan," Izuku rolls his eyes and wiggles to find some breathing room in the tight hold, "Sasana-san and I are on speed dial."

"The fuck are you talking to that harpy for?!" Katsuki asks, almost betrayed, "You know she's the devil's daughter!"

He's just aiming to get Izuku to laugh, and he does, it's just a little depressed.

"She's good for you, and your image, Kacchan!" As quickly as it came, Izuku's smile dies. "You're a pro hero, and a top pro too. You have fans, and even people who don't like you want to know about your life and cast judgement. You're hot, and strong, and powerful, and I'm ...I'm not what the world would want for you. Or expect. It'll be a little rough for a while, but Sasana-san says it'll die down."

"Fuck that." Katsuki says, walking around with Izuku to open his side of the car door. The driver jolts awake when Izuku says hello, and Katsuki scoots in after Izuku.

Izuku's hand is captured between them and rests, linked with Katsuki's, on a strong thigh. Leaning on him, Izuku lets his eyes close and in the privacy of the black-tinted car he lets the few tears slip out.

"It's so stupid." He mutters to himself, half to Katsuki, "I knew this was going to happen. I was so ready to deal with it, to shove it in all their faces that I'm the one you picked, I'm the one who's been there all your life. I..."

Katsuki draws a circle with his thumb on Izuku's knuckle.

"I feel so fat and ugly and stupid." Izuku admits, whispering, "and I know I'm not, I know that you think I'm beautiful, that you love me. We've been through too much for me to ever doubt you, Kacchan, it's just..."

"The public."

"The public." He leans his head on Katsuki's shoulder and breathes in with the gentle kiss pressed to his crown. They sit in contemplative silence for the rest of the drive, wrapped up in the back seat.

Katsuki has to take his costume off in his office, locking it up for security reasons, so Izuku makes himself comfortable in his best pyjamas (old, ratty, printed with hero-Shouto's logo of a cat's face half red and half white – Katsuki hates them). Looking at himself in the mirror, he fiddles with the bottom hem of his shirt (a Dynamight T-shirt overly large, of course, he has to represent).