23

ⓢⓔⓒⓡⓔⓣ ⓑⓤⓓⓓⓨ

ⓢⓔⓒⓡⓔⓣ ⓑⓤⓓⓓⓨ

"Nanase, Samezuka, we hear that scouts have been contacting both of you. That's very impressive! You're the pride of our school. We're all looking forward to your performance at regionals. Give it you all!" The principal looked at the two of them with a proud smile on his face and Jun pondered for a moment.

She then bumped her palm with a fist. "Ah! So they are scouts. I thought they were scam calls. So I blocked them." Jun casually said as she continued swimming as if she didn't just shock everyone with her statements. Kou and Ama-sensei slapped their foreheads hopelessly, honestly, they were wondering what kind of things lived inside her pretty head. However, after noticing them gawking at her dumbfounded, Jun raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Don't tell me, I shouldn't have done that?" They nodded vigorously.

The principal laughed in amusement. "That's alright, I'll contact them again to tell it's a misunderstanding."

"Ah, thank you so much!" Ama-sensei bowed to him gratefully.

Currently, the boys were practicing their exchanges for the relay as their only chance at surpassing the top schools was by shaving off enough time from their exchanges. Although it was only for the boys, Jun decided to join them practicing as well. She sometimes helped Rei with his butterfly stroke. It was almost late evening and both Haru and Makoto decided to escort her home. It was very sweet of them though they didn't really need to do that since she had bunch of bodyguards around her anyway. Speaking of them, Jun was impressed of their diguises, she can't believe none of her friends had noticed them yet.

"Here is my stop. Thank you, Haru, Makoto for this." Jun twirled her body around and waved her hand. "Sorry for troubling you."

Makoto smiled. "It's not a big deal, Jun."

Haru nodded. But somehow, Jun felt something indifferent with him. For some reasons, he seemed to think about something and it concerned her a lot. Haru had always been quiet but not this much, usually he would talk to her a bit. Jun was worried about him. His eyes looked dull and she was afraid if he accidentally let it all out in the wrong moment. Jun didn't have any idea what he's going through but she wished she could help him out a little. Even by saying, she believed in him.

A week later, the tournament was finally here. Jun looked at the huge building in front of her. Thankfully, they were given rooms at the hotel respectively and Kou was pouting to herself. Said, she wanted to share a room with her Jun-senpai but Ama-sensei strictly prohibited her as Jun needed her rest fully. They were the stars of the show after all, they needed good rest. Ama-sensei did give them another famous saying but Jun didn't pay any attention to it. Jun took off her headphones and hung it around her neck.

"Ah! Jun-senpai!" Someone shouted her name.

The girl turned around with a furrowed eyebrow and a small squeak escaped her lips when Momo ran towards her in such speed. If it wasn't because of Makoto pulling her to his side, that Momo would have fallen on top of her. The poor girl thanked Makoto and was taken back by Momo's friendliness, she had him pulling her hand to shake it excitedly. "Hello, Momo. Have you been well?" She heard him replied to her but her eyes looked behind him, looked like the rest of Samezuka's players were there as well and Jun immediately frowned upon seeing Sousuke staring at her.