One

*Cold, it was freaking cold" she shivered and choked swallowing a large amount of water.

         "I can't believe they threw me into the lake after ta....... " 

        Her head spins and she felt a wave of dizziness hit her,"No I must stay alive I have to go back I must......."  

       She couldn't complete her sentence as she felt her body succumbing to the strangely comforting darkness .

* * * *

A ray of light cast a golden glow on the  sickly lady on a worn out mat, lightening up her exquisite features dampened by her horribly pale face and colourless lips. Two men came in,an old man and a younger one,the older man looks very old but had powerful strides and steady eyes ancient and filled with visscitudes He placed a hand on her forehead and frowned,his eyebrow creased ,he brought out a set of needle from his sleeve and conjured up a green flame from his fingertips sterilizing the needle,his old hands  seemly frail danced around her her whole body,his hands steady as he gave her an acupuncture. Sweats glistened on his forehead as he tried his best to stop his shaking fingers, the younger man wiped his face worryingly and looked as if he wanted to stop him but he didn't make any other move apart from watching the old man attentively. It seems like the old man couldn't take it anymore as he spat a mouthful of blood, coughing violently.

  "Grandpa " the younger man called out worriedly patting his back.

   The old man shook his head waving at him and stared at the young girl whose health didn't seem to improve.

   " Grandpa you don't have to do this,it's already three months and she's still like this". The older man remains silent staring at the girl with hooded eyes .

    "  Grandpa...." he called out again seemingly hesitant but when he remains silent again  he continued  "we already did our best picking her from the shore and sustaining her for over three months,it's not like we were the ones that destroyed her dantian ...." He stopped when he realized his grandfather giving him a disapproving stare .

     "I mean who can even survive a day from her dantian being destroyed " That came out as a murmur from him but the old man still heard him nevertheless he shook his head and looked up at his grandson.

  "Exactly, nobody can survive such a thing and you see, her dantian was practically crushed, nobody can still be alive in such a situation but her...." 

     He whirled his head towards her,a look of admiration evident in his eyes
"Such strong and admirable willpower, such tenacity ....." He trailed off can only be worthy of him" the last part was more of a mutter under his breath. His eyes glistened a bit reminiscent.

  "Not again....."The  young man groaned scratching his head,he thought he would have gotten used to his father cutting himself self short or losing himself in thoughts always reminiscent but it still irks him that he couldn't be a part of his world, No he was never a part of his world,he doesn't know the secret his grandfather harbour s but he do know that he's more than he appears to show himself.

  "Her tenacity and strong willpower doesn't change the fact that she isn't improving and even if she does, she is already crippled"  He gritted through his  teeth,he hates the way he feels but he can't help his resentment against her because she has taken all his grandpa's attention since her arrival.

  " I don't think so " The old man said in a low  thoughtful voice, Startled he followed his eyes to her tightly clenched fist and was surprised,this is the first reaction from her body because since three months,her body had been as still as a rock and if not the faint rising and falling of her chest,she would have being deemed dead.

   He tilted his head to get a clearer view and noticed that her fists were tightly clenched and her sharp nails dug into her palm dripping with blood,he wanted to wipe it but was stopped by the old man.

   "Don't go near her,that's her battle to fight"  he was stunned for a moment before stepping back obediently.

  Sweats glistened from her pale face making it paler,her body shook vigorously as if she was having a nightmare and which in fact she is.

  " Darkness, everywhere was dark,she couldn't see anything not even her hand,she walked and walked looking for an exit or a source of light. She didn't know how long she walked for,it felt like 20 years,at a point it felt like a 100 years but she can't stop walking because if she does,she would see those bloody scene again, that moment she was deprived of her most proud and important possession. She walked until her legs were numb,but she wouldn't surrender or succumb,No she must not succumb,not before getting her revenge. She felt she was going crazy repeating the same cycle, walking like a fool without any direction but she knew she must not give up. Then she heard,the sounds of musical instruments,She heard the sound of a pipa ,so loving so warm  but she didn't like it, she didn't know why but the sound irritated her and she did one thing she felt was good.She didn't indulge In it,she walked as far away as her leg can carry her away from the source,she walked and walked again,a torturous cycle repeating itself,at some point she regretted not indulging in the sound of the pipa which was so warm and inviting,her intestines turned green from regret but she she kept on moving. But then she realized something,she can see clearly in the darkness,she tilted her head trying to remember when and how she managed to do so but nothing came to her mind,she shrugged and took in her surroundings,she saw many people, children, parents and soldiers but they were all dead,it was a gruesome sight,she shivered feeling feverish and took a step back in fear,but a hand gripped her ankle, she screamed and fought back using her feet to match on the hand before running off into the distance.She saw it,a source of light it was so bright and blinding that her eyes turned red,it seems like a tunnel to her and looked like it was about to close,she rushed towards it and didn't notice a black flower tattoo on her ankle"

Her black long eyelashes fluttered and her eyes shot open and met the old man's eyes,hers as chilly and cold as an ice and his filled with smiles and visscitudes.he saw something dark like a strand of dark magic flash across her eyes,it was so fleeting that it seems to be unreal but he knew better.

       "  Who are you" she asked with a guarded eyes

How was the first chapter my dear readers, was it interesting??, You can tell me what you think in the comment section and please don't forget to vote. And yes I'm ready to take up corrections. See y'all in my next chapter and Thanks