"The mold." Heisenburg spoke next. It was odd not hearing them argue. Not even a snarky remark.

The mold.

The words washed over you. Not only washed, but stuck. It made you sick. And to hear Heisenburg so serious, without a remark towards Alcina? The darkness of the comment consumed any remaining questions.

The silence flooded the room once more. Everyone was digesting the news.

"Surely we can stop it." Alcina spoke broadly.

"With what?" Heisenburg questioned. "Look around. We are human again."

"Mother Miranda was a human." Donna spoke.

"Not fully." Alcina growled, "She may appeared it.-"

"Although she was. And she caused all of this. Who's to say we can't undo it?" Donna retorted.

They were all in deep thought now as all you could feel was numbness.

How are they supposed to process the news? How long had they known?

You processed the news and it felt sickening.

Why won't you speak up? Get up? Show any signs that you're awake?

Although, what could you bring to the table? You knew nothing. You just recently found your name through a memory.

A memory you couldn't even recall yourself but was forced into.

You felt hopeless.

Hopeless on the matter. Mother Miranda made you this, and she couldn't undo it.

What if this was the same situation?

"The mold should have been taken care of when-" Heisenburg began.

"The remaining villagers have been trying. Nothing will do. Even after undoing what Mother Miranda had done, it remains. The Duke has tried to help as well." Donna explained.

"You seem to be in the loop with the village for a hermit." Heisenburg grumbled.

And the two bickered lightly.

But you paid them no mind.

Alcina was silent. Very silent.

You watched as she stared out the window, in deep thought.

The mold would kill her now.

It could kill everything she got back.

"Mother Miranda has notes." Donna spoke after the light bickering. "If we can find them, there may be some useful information."

"She had multiple notes. It will take ages to find anything." Heisenburg snapped.

"What better option do we have?" Alcina asked, listening but not looking at them.

Something bugged her immensely. Did she know something the others didn't?

"You both want to play scavenger hunt with some papers, be my guest but I'm figuring this out as soon as possible." Heisenburg snapped.

"Didn't you want this place to fall anyway?" Alcina growled, "Why are you still here?"

"Cult bitch is gone. It's a shame that this one stayed." He snarled.

Yep. Fighting.

As they yelled, Donna waited patiently, standing near the fire.

The arguing felt as if it lasted for ages but perhaps that's because you felt pressured on time.

This was a time-critical situation.

Arguing was useless.

"If you two do not mind, I will be searching for the books and letters-" Donna began.

"Good! Take him with you!" Alcina snapped.

"She doesn't have to! If I stand one more second near you, I think I'll go blind!" Heisenburg growled.

"Even better! I wouldn't want you looking in my direction!" She yelled.

"Glad we can agree on something for once!" He yelled louder.

And before anyone could retort anything back, Donna dragged him out, a slammed door and yelling in the hallway following after.

"What a useless, disgusting-!" Alcina groaned and sat in her chair.

You should get up but something in you keeps you leaded to the bed.

You didn't know what but it felt safe there.

Despite what you just heard, You felt safe here.

You wonder what would stop the mold. Was it creating creatures? Or just overtaking the village?

Was it necessarily a bad thing? Could it be a blessing in disguise?

You didn't know.

You had a lot of questions, none of which could be answered.

Not just questions about the mold either but it surely didn't help.

You and Alcina could go searching soon.

Glancing over, you notice her sitting in her seat still, silently watching the fire.

What was going on in her head?

Worry. You are certain she is worried.

"Stay resting, darling. Close your eyes." She spoke.

You jumped.

She felt your eyes on her. She had to, as she wasn't looking at you one bit.

"Everything will be okay."  She finished.

Everything will be okay.

That's all she could muster?

She doubted her words and you could easily hear the fault in her voice.

"Alcina, we could go looking-"

"Stay resting." She glanced back at you, a look of sternness written upon her face.

Resting?

After hearing that?

"I want you focused on our daughters and your well-being. Do keep the maids in check." She explained.

What is she going on about?

"Alcina, I'm not letting you do this alone-"

"I won't be. All Lord's and Lady's will be seeking the answers as quickly as they will come. Until then? I need you to watch our daughters, yourself and the castle." She explained calmly.

"The mold—it can hurt you! I still have a mutation! I should be the one to-"

"To stay at the castle." She glared at you. "Enough. You will stay here. No use in bickering."

You went to say something, anything, although, the words stayed down, residing in your chest.

It was pointless.

She had made up her mind.

"Now, stay resting. The news is quite overwhelming." She explained.

You laid back down, definitely feeling uneasy.

You're sure everyone feels this way.

"Everything will be okay." She stated it again. "I will be sure of it."