But more than anything, you wanted Shouto to be happy. It's the least I could do.

"We'll list some things," he said. "I'd assume aquarium is on the list?"

Your brows raised and he smiled softly before digging into his pocket. He took your hand and dropped the left whale earring you had left with him on the battlefield into your palm.

"I don't really have anywhere I want to go. Why don't we go to the aquarium?"

A glint of excitement entered your eyes. "Okay... but we're getting cold soba after."

"Whatever you say."

•••

You sat in front of Yaoyorozu as she did your hair and Mina and Hagakure were looking obsessively through your closet.

"Your hair is so soft, Y/N!" Yaoyorozu marvelled as she braided a small section.

"White vintage sweater?" Mina questioned, holding it up to Hagakure.

"Hm... put it in the maybe pile."

Tsu, Jirou and Uraraka burst through your dorm's door. "We have accessories and makeup!"

"I want to wear the necklace Ojiro gave me," you said. Uraraka sat next to you and began searching through your jewelry box, which was discarded at the old dorm so you didn't have to bring too much. "Ah, here it is!"

"Don't forget my-"

"Yes, the ring Todoroki gave you!" Uraraka placed it on your ring finger. "There!"

You took a sip of your coffee from the cat mug you got from Kota before Jirou took it from your hands. "No more coffee! You're leaving in an hour and you still don't have an outfit!"

"We're still finding pants!" Mina held up a pair of jeans and a pair of leggings to Hagakure.

After a while, your clothes were on you and your hair was done, so you were trapped behind a makeup brush and beauty blender for another 15 minutes. "Which lip tint looks best?" Uraraka asked Tsu as she held up the two lip tints next to your face.

"The darker one."

"Yeah, you're right. Here's your bag, Y/N."

"Thanks." Once Uraraka was finished, you looked in the mirror, feeling suddenly a lot more nervous than usual. Shouto had seen you in your hero costume and your very baggy clothing and that was it.

"You look gorgeous," Yaoyorozu said.

You pursed your lips together and clutched your bag. "Thank you... I'll be going now."

"Have fun!" Mina waved.

"Hold on!" Jirou handed you your headphones. "Just in case."

You nodded and left, making your way to Shindo's family's cafe. If you were going to places that you wanted to go to, then everything you ate and drank would be things Shouto liked.

"Don't you look fancy?" Shindo noticed as he wiped down the table you liked to sit at, right next to the window but close enough to the counter for Shindo's mom to notice you when you waved her down. "What's the occasion?"

You shrugged. "Date."

"Date?!" He stood up straight. "With who?! Wait, no, I know who; it's that Todoroki guy, isn't it?"

Your face flushed and you looked away.

"Ah, and the poker face breaks." He leaned on the table with a smug grin. "Well, what are you doing here? I know you'd never let a date be here."