Chapter 9: Bullshit

Agnes' Pov

A couple of weeks had passed since our date and to say the least everything has been pretty normal? Nicole and I have been happy to have the guys around. Kenzie has been in and out still kind of awkward around them but not as bad as Megan. Straight up ignoring everyone. But we're making some progress at least.

I woke up to an arm wrapped around my waist, and slow breaths rang behind me. A smile makes its way to my face as I have never felt so comfortable and safe at the same time. I just lay there, enjoying the warmth and the time that we had. Knowing that it probably wouldn't last long.

I turn to grab my phone when I hear a scream and chanting, it seems like, in the living room. I immediately jolted up in fear and ran down the stairs, "What's wrong? Who died?"

Nicole was standing up in her pajamas, dancing around the living room. Megan was in the corner smiling, holding her favorite mug.

"I think Nicole has some news," Megan stood up and patted me on the shoulder before entering the kitchen.

"Well, what is it?"

"So you know how I've been traveling to L.A. now and again, right?"

"Of course,"

"Last time I went I tried my hand out at singing and a record company reached out to me." She beamed, "My manager just called me and wanted to record some singles ASAP."

"Does that mean you're going to be in L.A. for a while?" I asked.

"Well, yeah, I guess," she said her smile faltering a bit in the process.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I got closer to her, "Isn't this what you've always wanted?"

"Of course it is," She sighed, "But what about Ashton?"

"What do you mean?"

"He's only here for a limited amount of time, we had planned out to do so many things before he had to leave-"

"What if in the next three months, you had another project? What if you had to leave for work? There is no way that you didn't think about this." I asked slightly confused as to what she thought she was going to be doing.

"I didn't-"

"Nicole-" Megan interrupted, "You've got to be kidding me."

"Megan-"

"No she needs to hear this," Megan sighed as she stood from her place and sat in front of Nicole, "They aren't your world. Neither is Ashton. I get that you love them, but you've finally found something that makes you happy. Do you honestly think it's in your best interest to decline this job?"

"I don't know anymore."

"Nicole," I sighed out, "It's not about them. Or even us. It's about you. If you want to move to LA and focus on your self, there is nothing wrong with that."

"They'll leave you again Nicole, they will always leave. But your dream might never come back." Megan said as she stood up and walked out the door a small slam following her.

She sat there, her head in her hands, and I sat next to her. I rubbed her back before I stood up, "I know that this is hard, but this is what you've been dreaming of for so long. Think about it."

I walked up the stairs into my room to find a slumped over Calum on the side of my bed. I sat down next to him admiring his snoring figure.