Larry pulled his gun out and swerved, driving haphazardly with one hand while trying to shoot the masked hero.

Spider-man pendulum kicked through the window and took Larry with him out the passenger side. "Nice to meet you, I'm Spider-man!"

He webbed the now driverless car and pulled it back with a loud grunt until it stopped. Car exhaust poured out from the vehicle that smelled of burning tires.

When Spider-man returned to the jewelry store with the webbed-up getaway driver, two cop cars had finally arrived with their flashing red and blue lights on.

He handed Larry over to a waiting cop. "This one's especially dumb. Not that it's much of a contest among the six of them."

She replied, "Thanks Spider-man. We got delayed by a mugging right in the middle of the street on our way over. It was really strange; the victim hardly had a scratch on him."

"Huh. Well maybe you caught them early." His mind already drifted to where he was going to acquire his next snack after this was wrapped up. "I'll call Yuri and tell her-"

"Spider-man!" A cop from within the store interrupted. He approached them. "Before you call the captain, you might want to see this..."

Spider-man gave a perplexed head tilt and excused himself from the first cop. He followed the other one inside the jewelry store to the back room, where an open vault waited. The cop said awkwardly, "Um...look in the vault."

The wide-open door of the book-sized vault in the wall was unnerving. If it had been the work of those thugs, then the cops would already have the loot back and wouldn't need to show him anything.

The vault was empty, with the exception of a folded, hand-drawn note. It was a drawing of a black cat batting around a helpless looking spider.

Written on the inside were the words:

Aw maybe next time little spider <3

Embarrassment washed over Spider-man like a heat wave. He quickly put the note back down and turned to the cop like he had been caught in the crime himself.

"Who wrote it?" the cop asked, sensing that Spider-man knew.

Spider-man cleared his throat. The cop must not have been on the force for very long if he didn't know too.

"Oh....just....Black Cat." He sighed. After the whole Hammerhead fiasco, he thought that just maybe Felicia, aka the Black Cat, had gone straight. It was too much to hope for and he knew it.

"Black Cat?" the cop asked.

"Could you...do me a favor and tell Captain Watanabe for me? She'll call me back about it when she's ready..."

The cop agreed. Spider-man replied his thanks while he zipped out of there as fast as he could, as if the cops could see the blush under his mask.

From the rooftops, Spider-man scanned the area in vain for the master thief. He swung around in a doomed attempt to find her.

"Ugh, Felicia...why are you doing this to me again!" Spider-man complained to himself.

He didn't need this stress. After all it had only been a week since he and MJ broke up. Again. Or were they on a break? Whatever it was, it wasn't good. After three years back together, he had hoped it would last. Wait, could that be why Felicia was toying with him again? Because he was single now?