Chapter 24

The next morning you wake up feeling extremely hungry. You look to the side of you to see Aimi asleep. You slowly get out of bed, and you walk towards your closet to put on a sweater. After putting on a sweater you walk downstairs to the bakery. Your grandmother is in the kitchen prepping baked goods. 

"Hi grandma." You softly say with a tired smile on your face.

"Wow... you're up early." She replies smiling back at you. "Are you hungry?" She asks. You nod. She pulls out a fresh pan of Anpan on it. They are round and with black sesame seeds in the center top of them and filled with red bean paste. They smell good. "You can take a few." Your grandma motions toward the pan. You grab three of them, placing them in a small cloth that your grandma uses to pack the food with. You walk up the stairs and into the living room. You pop your head into the bedroom to check up on Aimi. She's still asleep. You place the cloth on the counter, and you take one of the anpans, taking a bite from it and sitting down in front of the couch, turning on the TV. 

After eating it you lay down and continue to watch TV. You sigh getting bored. There's not much going on, on the TV. You lay on your back and stare up at the ceiling thinking about what to do.

BZZZZZ BZZZZZ 

You look towards the phone on the table. It's Aimi's phone. You pick it up to see Hana calling. You answer the phone call.

"Hello? Aimi? Hello?" Hana says in a panicked tone.

"Hi." You answer.

"...Yuki? Is that you? What happened... Is Aimi okay?" Hana asks. You stare into the distance remembering what Aimi said to you last night.

""Don't tell Hana what I told you... I don't know if she will be able to handle it."" - Aimi

"Hello? Yuki? What's going on? Hello?" Hana questions.

"Yeah... Aimi is okay." You reply. You hear Hana take a big sigh from the other end. 

"Thank god... I got worried... She called me over 20 times last night and she sent some very concerning voicemail messages." Hana sighs.

"Oh... Yeah. She's okay." You comfort Hana.

"She's with you right? Where is she?" Hana asks.

"Asleep." You reply.

"At your place?"

"Yeah." 

"Okay then, I'm coming." Hana says quickly.

"Wait what? Right now? Aren't you supposed to be the one who brings the yukatas?"

"No... that was Aimi..." Hana replies.

"Oh..." You softly say.

"I don't have a yukata that fits." Hana comments.

"So, we won't go to the festival?" You ask.

"Yes... we will just figure it out... I will see you in a bit. Bye." Hana rushed.

"Bye..." You respond. Hana hangs up. You look towards your bedroom staring at your bed. You sigh thinking about what Aimi said to you last night. You believe Hana should know too... but you respect Aimi's decision. 

Not long later Hana walks into the living room.

"Where's Aimi?" Hana asks. You point towards your bedroom. Hana pops her head in to see Aimi asleep under the blanket. "You sure she's okay?" She asks with a concerned look on her face. You nod. She nods too. She looks towards the counter that has the two anpans on it. 

BAREFACEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें