Chapter 15- Firelights

Apollo woke up to hear Vi and Caitlyn arguing. They were tied to a post with a bag or blindfold on their head so they couldn't see anything. Apollo's head was pounding from the hit they took. "Both of you shut the fuck up!" They groaned. "Oh look, sleepyhead's awake." Vi complained. "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you, Vi. And Apollo, I expected better from you." Caitlyn protested. Apollo rolled their eyes even though no one could see, "Save it for your therapist Caitlyn. Now both of you, silence. My head is pounding!" Vi and Caitlyn argued more, but now they were speaking at the same time. Apollo didn't make any of it out besides, "Where are you taking her?" Caitlyn was in distress as they took Vi. "Did you lose your knight in shining armor, princess?" Apollo teased. Caitlyn groaned, "What would your brother think?" Apollo scoffed, "Leave Viktor out of this. He also wouldn't be shocked. This is the Undercity sweetheart." Caitlyn groaned yet again, "Well I prefer Piltover-Apollo." Apollo smiled, "Well too fucking bad. You get Undercity-Apollo. Why? Maybe because we're in the fucking Undercity." Both of them stopped talking after that. Their petty arguing wasn't helping anyone, there was nothing they could do. As Some time had passed and Apollo woke up more. They realized that their prosthetic arm was missing, "What the fuck?" They shouted. Caitlyn spoke up, "What?" Apollo scoffed. "Apparently it's not enough to tie me to a pole, but they took my arm too." Even Caitlyn agreed.

"Really dude, give the kid back their arm." Vi had come back into the room with another person. "Vi! You leave her out of this, it's me you want." Caitlyn pleaded. Vi chuckled, "My hero." Apollo couldn't help but chuckle at Vi's comment. "Untie the enforcer." Apollo didn't know who had said that, but they could tell he had a masculine voice. "Vi says we can trust her. As for Jinx's friend, just leave them." One of the other boys in the room untied Caitlyn then left. Caitlyn ran over to Vi.

"You're just going to leave me here! Caitlyn trusts me!" Apollo protested. The boy walked over and took the blindfold off Apollo, "And? You work for Silco." The boy said. Apollo froze, "You're that kid that used to work for Benzo, right? He used to give me spare parts for my arm." Apollo noticed the boy's reaction, "I'm sorry about what happened to him. He was a great man." Apollo gave the boy, Ekko, a sympathetic look. "Your apologies won't set you free." Ekko dragged a chair in front of Apollo so he could sit in front of them. "I know, it doesn't change the fact that he was taken too soon." Apollo looked at the ground. "If I may," Caitlyn stepped in, "Why didn't you tell me you worked for Silco? Does Viktor even know?" Apollo looked up at her in disbelief. "Give me one good reason why I would tell an enforcer that I work for Silco? And no. Viktor doesn't know. If you just let me explain-" Ekko cut into Apollo's sentence, "What explanation? You work Silco, we can't trust you!" Ekko leaned forward so his elbows rested on his knees. "Please," Apollo tried to pull away from the pole but couldn't. "I don't work with shimmer, I don't handle his dirty work, I don't agree with anything he's done! All I do is watch over Jinx so she doesn't get herself killed!" Vi walked over, "You mean Powder?" Ekoo turned to her, "We're not getting into who she is right now. I want to know why we should trust them, Vi." Vi rolled her eyes and walked away. "Look Ekko, I get why you wouldn't trust me, but I have no intentions of ruining you or anyone else." Apollo pleaded. "I do have to agree, in all the years I've known Apollo, they've never done anything to hurt either side." Caitlyn added. "Exactly! I don't care about Piltover vs. Undercity, and I don't have alliances with Silco or Piltlver counselors! Fuck, I would even say I could destroy either city with the information I have, but I haven't." Apollo sighed, "I know working for Silco leads you to not trust me, but the only thing I care about is the safety of Viktor, Sevika, and Jinx." Ekko listened closely, "Caitlyn, you know them best out of all of us. And if Vi trusts you, I can trust you." Caitlyn contemplated, "I'll watch over them, return them to Viktor in Piltover." Ekko nodded, then untied Apollo and tossed them their arm. "Thank you. And Caitlyn I'm not a child, you don't need to escort me to Piltover. I'm going back soon anyway." Apollo locked their arm in place, "I have to check on Jinx anyway." Caitlyn froze, "I assumed you would be going to Piltover." Apollo adjusted some of their clothing, "Why?" Caitlyn looked nervous, "Viktor wasn't doing well when I left. I assumed someone told you." Apollo's eyes widened, "Is he alive?" Caitlyn reached for Apollo's hand, "Yes, but he didn't look well." Apollo's eyes glossed over with tears, "He has to be okay. I need to stay down here with Jinx."