"Doesn't ring a bell, I think you've mistaken me for someone else."

Jamal scoffs not believing any of the things I said."Charlotte really, I know we're drunk but you couldn't have forgotten."

I sigh stressed because he is hell bent on making me admit. I open my mouth to tell him I don't have any memory of what he is talking about when Janet barged into the room calling out " here's the report."

I collected the report from janet going through it. He has quite an injury record. My head buried in the booklet accessing the details of his injuries when I heard Janet speaking. " I don't know why you wouldn't listen to me. Now I think the injury has worsened."

It is then I look at Jamal properly noticing his right leg was bandaged and he had the leg elevated on a pillow. That is the same leg I hit that night. Gosh. Why was he even at a party when he's injured, I wondered.

" Charlotte, I will let you begin your job now." She said out loud. " Whatever you need for him, the team will provide." I nod my head in understanding. Just as she was to leave she whispered in my ear " you have nothing to worry about, Adams is really nice, okay. Good luck!"

Once again, I am left alone with Jamal. I shake my head at how often this will be happening. Lord help me.

The silence in the room is unbearable with Janet gone but I got myself busy flipping through the report booklet. After going through entirety of it, I learnt that Jamal's injury happened just last week which means I have a lot for him to attain his fitness back.

Breaking the silence I questioned " have you had any scans of the injury?"

"None."

"So you haven't been diagnosed already?"

" It's just a sprain and in two weeks I will be okay. I don't think you are needed for anything." He ranted.

Okay. Seems like someone is in denial of their own predicament. I decided not to say anything but do what's needed. I dropped the report and my bag on a nearby chair and walked exactly where Jamal laid.

I gave him my best serious face. " You will now know whether I'm needed or not. And if it's just a sprain."

I unwrapped the bandage from his ankle and also his knee. I also removed the pillow which elevated his leg. I stared at the injured leg and then at Jamal, how stubborn can someone be I wondered. The injured leg was swollen around his ankle and he also had purple bruises on his knee.

" This is going to hurt a lot." I muttered giving him a heads up as I proceed to touch the leg. I start with his ankle pressing lightly and then adding pressure slowing. Jamal groaned in pain as I repeated in circular motion. I also decided to examine the foot by twisting it a little bit when Jamal exclaimed " please stop!"

His eyes were red literally close to tears. I thought he said he wasn't really injured. I gave him a few minutes to recover from the pain before adding " I'm not done yet. I have to examine your knee also because of those bruises."

" Must you have to do that." His voice breaking as he pleaded. I giggle in my head finding it amusing how minutes ago he claimed nothing was wrong with him but now he is at my mercy.

I decided to stop the examination because it's just going to hurt him more. " Alright, I going to stop but now you agree that you are injured, in fact badly injured."

He nods slowly. That's fine, I have his cooperation now. "I have a few questions regarding the injury and please answer honestly because it is going to help you and I."

Jamal murmured and scoffed " can't believe you are the one to speak on honesty."

"I am sorry, what?!"