chapter two

I DON'T KNOW WHY but I just thought maybe he isn't as hot as I made up in my head. I'm definitely wrong as he is standing in front of me and I'm like shit, Wow!

He's a tall guy but I can't say how tall as I'm still seated. He has a glowing dark skin which is complimented with his white teeth as he smiles at me. Wearing a short-sleeved button-up shirt, I can see that he has an athletic build. His forearm muscles and biceps are very obvious and this turns me on. As an athletic trainer l, I can say fit men attracts me the most. He also has tattoos and..... then I realised I was shamelessly checking him out which earn me a cheeky smile.

He occupies the seat next to me and I just knew I wouldn't spend the night alone. I try to compose myself after what I've just done as I don't want to be embarrassed any further.

"Jamal"

"Huh, I'm sorry what did you say." I snapped out of my train of thoughts.

"I said the name's Jamal." He said looking at me expectedly.

Being someone who can read people easily I can tell he's someone who is confident. I muster courage because the way he is staring at me, I'm definitely going to need it.

I flip my braids over and look at him "Charlotte"

" Beautiful name for a gorgeous lady" Jamal beamed letting his eyes roam my face to the rest of my body. My body was lit on fire and I was lost for words.

Remaining speechless, he decided to continue talking. "So why is a beautiful lady like you sitting all alone?"

"I could say the same about you." I replied pointing to where he was seated before.

"So you were watching me?" He asked with a smirk on his face. Realising what I had said I tried to think of something fast but not fast enough before he added. "Hmmmm you also think I'm beautiful or you could say handsome." He said winking at me.

What! It's the way he's messing with me. I've never been someone without a good comeback. I always like to be the one with the last say but currently I'm struggling to give a reply and it's baffling me. It must have shown on my face which he realised.

"Hey.." he said reaching out to touch my arm. "There's nothing wrong. I was actually trying to get your attention so it works in my favour."

"Do you want to dance?" I asked looking at the dance floor as love me harder by Ariana grande was playing. Looking over to Jamal and waiting for his response, I realised where his confidence was going to falter as he looked liked he was scared of dancing.

I stood up adjusting my mini dress and once again his eyes were all over my body. Well he has awaked the fire he lit and he's about to get consumed by it. I took his hand trying to make him stand up, boy when I said his body was well built I think I didn't justify him enough. His hand were larger than mine, basically like a toddler's that he engulfed mine and I needed great strength to pull him up.I tried to drag him up but to no avail.

Annoyed, I set my hand on waist and directed my glare at him. "Jamal" I whined and all this man did what look at me amused. " I like that. Look at you all over me being possessive." He said. Trying to hide my smile, I replied "Yeah yeah....whatever can you just stand up, I really want to dance. Why are you making things hard for me." The audacity of this man I thought.

"Dancing ain't my thing but since you want this. Sure."

Happily, I walked with him to the dance floor. "You ready." He asked as he placed his hands gently on my waist. Those hands are probably going to be the death of me tonight as I liked the way his hands were placed on my waist.

Trying to put my arms around his neck, I realised he is indeed very tall as he has to bend a little in order for my arm not get strained. It's not like I'm a short woman as I'm considered tall for a lady and my height was perfect for playing in WNBA,this is to tell you Jamal is indeed very tall. I giggled to myself realising this.