Chapter 4 - "So Who Are You?" Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Am I interrupting something ladies?" A male voice cuts through and the three of us freeze. Cameron's sitting on the desk, smirking and rubbing a strand of his hair between two fingers. He locks eyes with Jessica and offers her a hand. "Need some help getting up?"

"Th-Thanks" she blushes and accepts his offer, being pulled to her feet gently. They seem to stare into each other's eyes before letting go of each other.

"Ahem. Well this got a little awkward" Samantha says, adjusting her white satin gloves. "I'd appreciate if you got off of the desk sir, I have work to do"

"That's fair, it'll give us some time to get to know each other a bit better" Cameron winks at Jessica and you just poke his chest.

"Hey, no flirting with my best friend. She's mine" you smile and Jessica laughs awkwardly.

"Okay you three kids, scoot! Or I'll delay any room service you order!" Your receptionist friend shouts at you and with that you're off to the elevator.

~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how old are you miss?"

"Oh please, Jess is just fine. I'm 16" the brunette giggles, standing in one corner of the elevator. Cameron is leaning close to her and you stand pretty much opposite of them. You suppose eavesdropping is rude but they are laughing and you feel odd just standing by yourself.

"Yo loverbirds, we're on the floor already" you walk out and turn right, looking for any clue as to which room is Jessica's. After a minute or two of wandering around, you find a pale green door with a big white bow on it at the end of the hallway. Bingo. Jessica immediately realises where you are and peels away from Cameron, fumbling around her bag for a key.

"This is your door? Looks different to the rest..." He shuffles around with his arms crossed.

"Well I pretty much live here you know, so the hotel staff moved me from a normal room to a bigger one, and gave me the option of a custom door. Kind of them huh?" Jess explains. The door unlocks and you walk in, only for you and Cameron to freeze. A beautiful scent flows around the room. Roses? Each piece of furniture has beautiful details, most even including what seems to be handmade lace. "Are you going to stand there gawking or are you actually going to come in so I can offer you some tea?"

You do as you're told and sit down on the floral patterned couch with a glass coffee table in front of you. Jess leaves to the kitchen and comes back a few minutes later with a fancy tea set on a silver platter. The two of them have tea and laugh; Cameron even switches seats to sit next to her as she talks to him about her childhood and family. It's nice to see them smile like that. Heck, you smiled even wider when Jess told me about herself and treated you like a princess. However, there seems to be a different look in her eyes; something that wasn't there when she talked to you...

"(Y/N) are you okay?" Cameron's voice stabs itself into your thoughts. "You're spacing out". Your best friend nods in agreement and they both look at you with genuine concern.

"Oh, no I'm fine. Just amazed at how beautiful this place is. Certainly different from the last time I came over; did you re-decorate?" You manage to say before shakily reaching out for a cup. She goes on and on about her renovator and interior designer, as if the awkward lapse of atmosphere didn't happen. After staying over for a good hour or two of them getting to know each other (with Cameron fabricating an intricate human history), you finally muster up the courage to ask about what you are here for.

"Jess, may I have my clothes please?" Their conversation is interrupted and Jess runs off only to come back with a bunch of bags.

"Here ya go! They seem heavier than they were during our shopping high, so don't try to carry them all yourself." she says, looking at Cameron with sad eyes. He's about to get out of his seat but you stop him.

"You two should go have dinner together or something. Maybe even go out to see the city a bit more? I'll probably be too busy to do that tonight, sorry. If it's not too much hassle?" Jess' eyes widen after those words fall onto her ears and she squeals so loudly you almost go deaf.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUU~" she continues and jumps onto you.

"H-Hey..." Cameron tries to butt in but Jess quickly talks again.

"I'll pay for everything and I'll be sure to bring him home before 11"

"There's no hurry to get home, he can stay over if you're both chill with it. Anyway I better leave"

Within a matter of minutes, you're standing outside of the hotel, carrying bags and looking towards the window of Jessica's room, and you feel something.

You can't help but feel that this is going to hurt.

{ * THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID LMAO (sorry I'm so immature xD }

GUYS I AM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG I HAVEN'T BEEN ON WATTPAD IN FOREVER AND STUFF IS HAPPENING AT HOME I'M WORRYING OKAY BYE