【Marriage?!】 Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

"How sweet... and your husband how is he taking the news?" The old woman asked tilting her head and (Y/n) rubbed his chin thinking about Sesshomaru. He was sure Sesshomaru didn't hate the idea of having a son so he was sure happy to be having a son.

"Well, he's not my husband-" (Y/n) tried to say before the old woman gripped (Y/n)'s hands with a surprised face.

"Not your husband! That won't be due! What an irresponsible man!" She said bitterly as another two women chimed in, shaking their heads, one with a large basket on her hip and another on her back and holding her hand.

"What! He didn't even bother to marry you!" The woman with the basket on her hip said making (Y/n) jump again and nod nervously.

"I have pushed out two wonderful healthy 8-pound babies and I'd rather be caught dead than let that man get away with not marrying me after I spent 10+ hard and painful hours giving birth to his sons!" The Woman with two sons on her said shaking her fist as (Y/n) nodded just to satisfy her kinda scared of her.

"Yes, she is correct I did not suffer 5 sons and 3 daughters for my husband to not marry me! Such a shame such a shame!" The old woman shook her head she looked like she was going to faint.

"Oh, my 8 children! How wonderful! You must be so proud!" The Woman holding a basket said smiling as she held a hand to her mouth surprised.

"8 that seems like a lot..." (Y/n) muttered surprised as he blushed at the thought of so many kids.

"Yes, they were a lot... But having children is such a joy... yes it can be harsh and strenuous... but it's so rewarding knowing the small thing you had in you could grow into someone just like you and me... to think of what he could be... Us women have such a special gift. That's why you drag that man by his ear and shove that sake down his throat and make it official!" The old woman shouted as the two others nodded furiously as (Y/n) blushed.

"R-Really... I'm not sure it'll be that easy..." (Y/n) whispered as he touched his cheek burning with his blush. The thought of forcing Sesshomaru to marry him seemed far from his mind. Almost impossible. But he liked the idea of being married to him.

"Why not! You're doing all that work! Get him to marry you!" The Lady with the basket said as the other two nodded.

"You don't seem from the village are you a traveler?" The old woman asked kindly.

"Yes, I came into the village to buy my daughter a Kimono..." (Y/n) said faintly as the three women jumped in shock.

"You mean you already have a daughter and he still hasn't married you!" The Lady with the two children said shaking her head.

"Men these days have no sense of responsibility!" The older Woman said as she shook her head a hand to her cheek solemnly. "My husband saw me and instantly asked my father for his blessing and one sake ritual later we were married! Good men are so hard to find these days. I fear for my 9 grand daughters when they get married." She sighed deeply as (Y/n) continued to turn red from this conversation. He wondered how Sesshomaru would react to all this slander then he looked away when sweatdropped knowing he's probably not like the slander very much and the village would be on fire.

"Yes... I should ask him for marriage..." (Y/n) said as he nodded just to please the women.

"No! Don't ask demand!" The mother of two said sternly.

"That's right if he doesn't do it you gotta force him! Why if my husband did that to me I would ring his neck! Actually, no, I need him to support us financially... well I'd beat him over the head until the only word he can say is I do!" The basket woman said, nodding proudly as the two other women agreed.

"I see..." (Y/n) said as he nodded along with them he then spotted a light purple and light pink Kimono with butterflies on it. He pointed at it with a smile. "Ladies as much as I love speaking with you my daughter is waiting for a new kimono and I would hate to disappoint her." (Y/n) smiled at them and they all nodded the old woman took the Kimono and smiled.

"That will be 650 yen." the old woman nodded and (Y/n) looked at her stretched out hand expecting money.

"What is Yen?" (Y/n) said, blinking confused. The other women blinked, also confused, then looked at eachother.

"How do you not know what our currency is?" One of the women asked and (Y/n) tilted his head still confused but was thinking.

"Well my mother kept me in her house locked away until a few months ago and so I never really needed to buy or use money for things. It was always given to me... so does that mean I can't get the kimono?" (Y/n) said lifting his veil the women blushed at his beauty.

"My you're gorgeous! I'm sure you could do better than that bastard who won't marry you!" The old woman said before the three of them paused.

"So that means you were never really taught basic things?" The lady with two kids said a bit sadly.

"Not really, my mother was very possessive and never really let me out of my estate." He said as he looked down then lifted a finger to tuck hair behind his ear touching a hairpin made of gold that his mother had given him before he left. It was one of the things he had not parted with since he used to sometimes hold up rins hair. But he took it out of his hair and handed it to the old woman. "Will this do? It's solid gold... I have no... Yen was it?"

"This is too much... Are you sure?" She asked softly with a look of a grandmother.

"Yes I want to get Rin the Kimono she needs it." He said smiling as the old woman nodded and took it.

"Thank you and if you want you can pick another Kimono. Why don't you pick that one you saw for your son. I'm sure he'll look so handsome, especially since he has such a stunning mother." She smiled as she took Both kimono's and folded them and gave them to (Y/n). (Y/n) smiled brightly in return making all three women smile back fondly.

"Thank you very much Mrs..." He stopped for a moment and the old lady laughed.

"My name is Saiyu dear." She responded like any old woman would with gray hair in a bun, small unwilling hairs slipping from the wanted form. Eyes a deep gray brown and deep wrinkles that were likes snakes across her face stern calloused hands from farm work when she was younger.

"Yes... thank you Mrs Saiyu... take care of yourself... Maybe I'll visit you with my son and definitely soon to be husband." He responded tilting his head slightly as he turned to leave. The women waved him by and (Y/n) went on his way. As he passed a group there was some chatter between some of the men in the village as they walked back through the village entrance.

"There was the monks and priestess's being killed. Now we have headless demons to worry about what is going on with the world!" One of the men said making (Y/n)'s ear perked up to the information. He smiled slightly as he continued to walk and took out the queen butterfly from his long sleeves letting it rest on his pointer finger and middle finger. As he walked out of the village he whispered some words to the butterfly.

"Go tell some of your underlinks and find out more about the headless demons... go spy on our friends Inuyasha. I want all you see and hear reported back to me." (Y/n) said smiling as he put the butterfly to rest on his head as the butterflies antennas shook and butterflies flew out of (Y/n)'s sleeves a good handful and each went in every direction.

(Y/n) continued his walk waiting for the information to fly in. He then paid attention to the Kimonos. So pretty he wanted to see Rin in the new one he got and one day... he wanted to see Taishiro in the little kimono.

He made it back to Rin and gave her the Kimono to wear smiling as she Thanked him.