seven •

I had a terrible feeling that Bradford was going to do something stupid to stop the cops from finding the stash of heroin in Isabel's heating.

Therefore, I'd found her address. I saw Bradford's truck, and I was waiting for him to come out. When I saw him opening his car door, I climbed out of my car.

He immediately snapped his head to where he'd heard the car door open. "What are you doing here?" He asked. He looked like he'd been caught in an act.

"No. What are you doing here?" I asked him, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Let it be, Hale." He told me, clearly not wanting my input on this situation. He knew he was doing the wrong thing.

"Bradford. You may project the whole rogue cop thing, but you are always on the right side of the law." I commented.

His jaw clenched, he didn't appreciate my analysis. "If you came all the way over here to psychoanalyse me, you've wasted your time Hale." He told me.

I shook my head. "I didn't come here to psychoanalyse you." I told him, "I came here to remind you that you'll regret helping her. Because it's not going to change her. But Tim, it'll sure as hell change you." I told him.

Bradford didn't say anything. He turned away and got into his car. That seemed like enough to me, he was at least thinking about doing the right thing.

The next morning in the station, I approached him. "Bradford, last night-" I begin.

"Didn't happen. Is that clear?" He asked.

Then suddenly, Grey approached us both. "Hey, I got some bad news." He informed. I looked at Bradford. I questioned how the news could get any worse.

"Couldn't be worse than yesterday." Bradford spoke.

Grey offered a sympathetic look, "I'm afraid it can." He begin. "Detectives executed a search warrant on Isabel's apartment this morning. They found a kilo hidden in the heating unit. She's with her lawyer now. I'm sorry, Tim." Grey informed him.

Grey then walked away, I looked to Bradford. I felt relieved on his behalf that he hadn't tampered with anything. "You did the right thing." I reassured.

"Not for Isabel." He spoke shortly, walking away.

Within an hour, Bradford and I were in the carport. Sergeant Grey was seemingly supervising the delivery of someone in a patrol car.

It's Isabel.

"What's she doing back here?" I enquired, Bradford standing beside me.

Bradford and I both walked in Grey's direction. Bradford walked with much more purpose than I did, as I knew it was more important he knew what was happening.

He was her husband after all.

"What the hells going on? They were supposed to hand her to the D.A. for prosecution." Bradford asked, raising his voice at Grey.

"Your wife made a deal to be a confidential informant." Grey informed. My jaw dropped, that wasn't safe for Isabel at all.

"What?" Was all Bradford was able to get out.

"She has a lot of contacts on the street." Grey reasoned with Bradford.

"Because she's a drug addict." Bradford pointed out, reasonably concerned for his wife.

"With police training." Grey added.

After Grey and Bradford's debate, Bradford and I climbed into the shop. We were patrolling the streets.