Press Conference (A Study in Pink)

It was a bit of a busier week at the station. We've had 3 straight killings with not much connection. Scotland Yard labeled the deaths as suicide, but I beg to differ. A string of suicides doesn't just happen. I zoned back into the press conference. Sally was discussing the matters of the suicides. I tried not to roll my eyes as I looked at my brother. He knew my opinion was different, but I had no evidence. I knew there was a connection, but what is the real question? The public was not taking well to the spontaneous deaths.

"The investigation is still ongoing, the detective and inspector will take questions now," Sally said.

"Inspector, how can suicides be linked?" a reporter asked.

"Well, the victims all took the same poison..."

I continued, "They were all found in places that they had no need to be."

He picked back up, "uhm... none of them have shown any pri..." The same reporter cut him off.

"You can't have serial suicides," he stated.

"Which is why it's a serial killer," I mumbled to myself annoyed. This press conference is pointless and putting us behind on solving this case. I glanced at my watch. Five more minutes.

Another reporter asked again if there was a link between the suicides. Greg answered that we have yet to find one. Suddenly, an alert went off on everyone's phone. Wrong!

I smirked.

The Inspector remained calm and said, "We'll have this investigation closed soon. We have our best officers on the case." Another alert echoed throughout the room. Wrong!

"One more question," the sergeant announced.

"Say these are murders, do we have to worry about a serial killer?"

Before my brother answered I cut him off, "Yes." I stood from my chair and left the building. Flashes went off in all directions as I made my exit. Sally shut down the conference as the reporters became desperate for answers. The inspector and sergeant made their exit not long after me.

"What the hell was that about?" Greg called after me.

"The truth. We can't be wasting any more time, brother."

The whole station knew who the text was from. It was from the Freak as Sally called him. Detective Sherlock Holmes, a genius and mastermind. I haven't met him because he mainly works alongside the Inspector. I prefer to work alone, no need for someone else's input when I already know the answer. I turned from the Inspector and hauled a cab.