Chapter 3: Revealed

‘You poison those you hate, and your endless torture begins.’

-Anonymous

Chapter 3: Revealed

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

                The tower alarm went off, and the Titans gathered around the common room computer as usual. The only thing that was different about this scene, was that Aysel now held place for Raven, who has been sick and getting worse every passing day. Tests at hospitals came to no veil, as did Cyborg's tests. They all came back inconclusive, not able to pinpoint the exact cause of the illness. So they forbade her from going out to fights, telling her to stay in bed and try to conserve the little energy she has, in hopes that rest will help fight the illness.

                Raven heard the alarm and struggled to go to the common room. As of lately she felt like she was slowly disappearing in existence and being replaced as a team member and a friend. She reached the common room and peered over to the wide screen that filled most of the window space that looked over to the ocean.

                "It's on the far side of the border, near Mt. Delta in the forest area. Some campers reported to see them perps cutting down trees." Cyborg explains. They all sprint into action and ran out the door. Beast Boy caught sight of Raven's tiny figure hovering near the wall and ran towards her. He held her arms, supporting her weight onto his.

                "Raven, what are you doing out here? Come on, I'll take you back." Beast Boy walked her down the hallway towards her room. The door slid shut behind them as he let her down onto the bedside. She swung her legs over situated herself on her pillow. He pulled up the covers and tucked her in. She watched as he fussed over her and the worried anxious look that loomed over his face.

                "Am I getting to be a burden Beast Boy?" She asked. He stopped then continued to smooth the creases in the blanket.

                "How can you say that Rae? No way can you be a burden."  He smiled weakly at her. She wasn't convinced but appreciated the effort to keep her in a light mood.

                "Just get better kay?" He patted the blanket and walked out.

                Raven continued to stare at the door Beast Boy went through. A thousand thoughts went through her head, like how what is going to happen next, her puzzling feelings towards Beast Boy, and why this is happening. With a thousand questions running around in her mind, and not one answered, if anything a question would be answered with another question. Soon she became frustrated at the heaping pile of unanswered questions increasing and swung her legs over her bedside, pushing herself up which gave her a rush of lightheadedness. She shook her head to get into attention and took in a deep breath and stood up, slowly taking steps towards her door. She leaned herself against the wall as the door slid open and she walked along the wall getting to the common room once again. She steadied herself down the steps having to bend down slightly to hold her balance as she put one foot in front of the other. She steadily made her way to the kitchen counter and reach over the familiar cabinet that held her herbs for her herbal tea. She saw a sight she didn't want to see and sighed out in annoyance and closed it shut again. She hangs onto the edge of the counter and tries to see what she should do next.

                'Should I just go back to bed?'  She thought about how much time she had spent in her room and as much as she enjoyed staying in her room before, she is now repelled by the thought of getting back into bed much less her room. She looked outside and saw that it was a nice sunny day, and decided to go out for a change and buy some more herbs for her tea.