Chapter 1: Aysel

‘Revenge is sweeter far than flowing honey’

-Homer

Chapter 1: Aysel

[Afternoon]

                The Teen Titans were happily eating their pizza after another victorious battle with a villain. Another days' work done, justice prevailed again!

                Beast Boy was trying to do another one of his funny impersonations, trying to mimic a walrus with two french fries stuck in his nostrils as tusks. He clapped his hands together and started to bellow out a hideously bad imitation of a calling. The team found it amusing and laughed at Beast Boy's bad attempt except for Raven, who, as usual, ignored them all together and continued eating her pizza.

                None of them noticed the stranger who had been eyeing them the entire time, ever since they came into the pizza shop. She hid behind the cut off wall at the end of the counter and quietly watched them with an observant eye.

                "Hey Aysel, watcha doin?" A girl poked her head out from behind the back room. She waved her to come to the back room.

                "Come on! Come help me organize the back. They'll be fine on their own, they won't do anything." The girl stated. Aysel smiled and nodded.

                "Kay CeeCee, I'll just finish up cleaning the counter." Aysel replied. CeeCee cocked her head looking at the already clean front counter. She shrugged it off and dismissed her confusion.

                "Ok, whatever." And disappeared.

                Aysel's friendly smile slowly faded and glanced over to the only table that was occupied. Her nose scrunched up, scrutinizing them. She was quickly overcome with a sense of warmth, not from being giddy, but like bubbles of exasperation waiting to burst when you bottle up strong feelings of frustration and anger. She kept a close eye on Raven, watching her calmly eating her slice of pizza, which seemed to only frustrate Aysel even more, clenching her hand into a fist. She continued to watch them until she noticed Raven coming towards her with her soda cup. Aysel brought herself to attention and came to the counter.

                "Yes, do you need anything?" She said politely.

                "Can I have another refill please?" Raven put her empty cup on the counter and nudged it forward. Aysel nodded and grabbed the cup.

                "Which one?" And pointed to the different flavors at the soda dispenser. Raven pointed to the cherry coke label. Aysel pushed the cup against the lever that let the soda fall into the cup. As the soda started to fill up towards the top, she nonchalantly slipped a drop capsule into her drink, turning the drink into a rich wine color for a moment then turned back into its original state. She snapped on the cup cover, punched in a straw and handed it back to the customer.

                "Thanks." While taking a sip of her drink she almost choked on it and coughed profusely.

                "Are you OK?" Aysel asked.

                "Fine." Raven barely gave her a glance and quickly walked away, but continued to cough. Aysel smiled and nodded, watching her as she walked back to her rowdy friends. As she turned around towards the back, her polite grin turned to a grim poker face.

                "Fine?" A disdained short grunt let out.  "You won't feel so fine later though." She hushed softly and walked away to help CeeCee.