Chapter 1 : New Foster Home

A/N : Riker is about 15 and Ross is about 11 in this.

Chapter 1

Riker POV

"When we go to our new foster home tomorrow, just make sure to be really careful. The last foster home we were at, they hit us like mom and dad did. Just promise me you'll try to behave," I said, sitting down on Ross's bed.

"I promise. I always try to behave. I can't help if people are psychos."

"Ok, well the foster home we're going to is only with one person. It's a man. His name is Mark. Seriously, I don't want either one of us getting hurt."

"Riker, we're going to be fine."

"Why would you assume that? We weren't fine at home with mom and dad. We weren't fine at our last foster home. And here at the foster center we got bullied by some of the kids."

"I think you need to be more optimistic."

"Look, whenever we got in trouble, I always got the worst of it. So you don't even understand how bad it was."

"It couldn't have been that bad."

"Ross, I still have bruises all over myself from 2 days ago!"

"I'm sure we'll be fine. And if we're not, we can just tell the foster people when they come for a home visit and they'll take us out of there."

"I'm just tired of getting hurt. Seriously, promise me you'll be on your best behavior."

"I promise, Riker. I will. Really."

"Ok. Try to get some sleep."

I got into my own bed. Ross and I were sharing a room since we were siblings. And thankfully the foster center was keeping us together and not splitting us up. I'm just really nervous about tomorrow.

The next day...

Riker POV

I was on edge the whole drive to our new foster house. My whole body was tense. I just don't trust anyone except Ross.

We finally arrived. To be honest, I wasn't particularly thrilled that we only had 1 foster parent and that it was a man. Men are more aggressive.

The foster center person who drove us over here talked to Mark for a little while and went over paperwork. And then left. Ross and I were sitting at the kitchen table. I honestly just felt sick to my stomach.

"Ok, boys. How about I show you guys your rooms?" Mark asked.

Ross practically jumped up and followed Mark upstairs. I walked slowly.

"Ross, this is your room, and Riker, yours is across the hall," Mark said.

I went into my room. It wasn't very big. Mark's house was kind of small. I had a bed, dresser, desk, and closet. And that was it.

Mark showed us around the rest of his house. And then we went back downstairs to the kitchen.

"Do you guys like pizza?" Mark asked.

"Yes!" Ross said, immediately.

"Ok, then I'm going to order a pizza."

Mark left the kitchen. I turned to Ross.

"You're being too excited," I whispered.

"Mark seems nice. Give him a chance," Ross whispered back.

"Stop being so excited. We don't even know him yet."