3.0 ✭・.・✫

✫ Mark ✫

✫ Mark ✫

"What was that, man?" Chenle asked, shoving Mark half playfully, half seriously. "How could you lose to Aegis?"

"The rookie member too," Renjun groaned. "Don't get soft on us, hyung."

Mark, unable to let himself mess around as he usually did to forget his losses, only trudged to his seat and pulled out his phone. His members got the message and left him alone.

Once he was logged in, Mark opened Instagram. Jieun had already posted about tonight.

Seeing Gwen's laughing face, Mark felt a pang of nostalgia

Seeing Gwen's laughing face, Mark felt a pang of nostalgia. He knew that if he clicked his home button, that exact face would be staring at him from his home screen wallpaper. Stupidly, he pretended that they'd never broken up.

After that admittedly dirty joke, Gwen had looked at Mark with only confusion. It couldn't be that she'd already forgotten about Mark, right? He was still important to her. Right?

"LADIES, GENTS, AND ALL IN BETWEEN," Johnny's voice came back on to conclude the race, "THAT WAS A BLAST! LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR AEGIS, WHO PLACED FIRST TODAY! AND GOOD JOB TO DREAM TEAM, INFINITE, AND..." Johnny fumbled with the next name "AH YES, I HEAR IT'S PRONOUNCED 'NEW JEANS!' GOOD JOB EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!"

Everyone cheered and many stood up to dance once music started blaring over the loudspeakers. Mark didn't. He knew what was about to happen. It happened every year like clockwork, a tradition by this point.

A team approached the Dreamies. At the sight of all that red and white, all of Mark's children stopped laughing and joking around to rally around their leader.

Mark met Jieun's smug gaze.

"Guess you weren't as good as you thought," Aegis' leader said, snidely.

Mark scowled, his eyes flickering from Jieun to Gwen, who stood behind Jieun. She was the only person on Aegis who wasn't glaring at him, and there was clear confusion behind her gaze. Gwen met his eyes once and then averted to the ground. Mark winced internally. She did remember him, but his joke had been a little too tasteless for her.