Chapter 1

"Guys! I think I'm actually doing it for once!" Marshall yelled.

He was balancing on a tightrope of sorts Ryder had helpfully placed out for the pups (as he called them) to aid in their training.

All of the other pups had already made it across. Multiple times. And Marshall was determined to make it across too.

Marshall had blue eyes and freckles that covered his face, topped with messy white hair with dark brown streaks in it.

"I still don't think you're going to make it." Rocky smirked playfully, watching as Marshall floundered around, trying to keep his balance. Rocky had long gray hair that grew lighter near the ends and orange eyes.

They were stationed outside in the backyard. Most of the other pups had retreated back into the house they shared, some however, had decided to stay and watch Marshall's attempt.

"We should try to be optimistic." Chase said, in his place behind Rocky. Chase was the tallest of the pups, and very clearly took pride in it. He had tanned skin with short dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He had decided to stay and give Marshall support in his attempt.

Rocky craned his neck to look at him, giving him a look which in turn meant "You think he'll fall too".

Chase gave a nervous chuckle as he turned his head back to Marshall just in time to see him fall from the tightrope.

"Ack!" Marshall yelped as he crashed to the ground.

"Told you so." Rocky shrugged, as he walked over and helped Marshall up.

"I really thought I could do it this time." He whined, brushing the dirt off his clothes.

"I told you to stick to your own skills." Rocky said, looking smug. He picked a leaf off of Marshall's head.

Chase looked up at the sky, watching as it faded from blue to orange. 

"It's already this late," He mumbled, and turned to face the others "We should head back in, I'm sure dinner will be ready soon".

They nodded at him, and started to make their way back to their house.

__

Their house was very big. It was placed nicely on the outskirts of town, and was painted a pale blue from the outside giving it a cozy feeling. However, on the inside it was highly technological, with many buttons, screens, even an elevator. And all this belonged to Ryder, previously a special agent, and now caretaker to seven kids. He had found them all when they were young, and planned only to take care of them. Nevertheless, he found that all these kids had unique skill sets and decided to train them as his own special team.

As they walked into the house, Chase still found himself gazing in amazement. No matter how many times he looked at it, he would always be watching in perplexity at the house. He would never get used to all the technology, and especially the elevator right in the middle of the room.

"There's the others." Marshall said, wandering over to them. 

They were huddled around the TV, occupying the many beanbags. Skye and Rubble seemed to have had already fallen asleep. They had squished their beanbags together and had positioned themselves in such a way that Skye was laying her head on Rubbles stomach. Rubbles light ash brown hair was tousled in every direction, and drool which was seeping out of his mouth. Skye had her short fluffy brown hair messily sprayed across Rubbles chest. 

Zuma and Liberty were still watching the TV, and had placed themselves directly in front of the screen. 

"Why are they so sleepy when its only just dusk?" Rocky asked, grinning. He flopped down onto a spare beanbag next to Liberty, in which Marshall copied in suite.