Chapter 37

Namjoon POV

As Jimin and I walk out of the room where we'd just finished setting up all of the pastries for the morning after the wedding, it's dead silent between us. He's come in first thing in the morning, just like he'd said he would, same as the other two. He was pretty quiet and timid Friday, though he seemed to have begun to come out of his shell by the end of the day and seemed pretty lively yesterday.

"Thank you for all of your help these last couple days, Jimin. It was a huge help having you around to get this order finalized and out the door. It's fun to work with you." I comment softly, nudging him as we continue walking back towards the bakery. He'd been in back the entire time with me, solely working on the order with me and he'd actually done surprisingly well. I was worried initially when Yoon had set the two of us up to work together, but I think it actually worked out really well in the end. He wasn't as difficult as I was afraid he'd be since he was working with me.

"I'm sorry for being such an asshole, Namjoon. You didn't deserve the way I behaved and nor did Yoongi." Jimin mumbles, not bothering to look in my direction. I smile over at him, shrugging lightly in return.

"I did initially. I was an ass for a lot of years, I didn't deserve to be welcomed back with trust immediately. I was just as nervous on Thursday when Yoongi brought you back as you'd been the day I showed up to apologize. I didn't blame you for trying to keep Yoongi and I from interacting. I hadn't given anyone a reason to trust me to be around yet." I argue, looking away from him and deciding to take in our surroundings. I could certainly use a coffee this morning, and I imagine everyone else could too, though I know Yoon would prefer a tea instead.

"You were? You didn't even look bothered in the slightest though." Jimin questions in confusion. I smile, looking back over at him to find that he's already looking at me.

"I was terrified. Sure, Yoongi had already decided that he was ready to give a relationship with me a try, but it didn't change the fear coursing through my body when I saw him bring you back. He may have chosen me, but in the back of my head, I couldn't help but worry that he could still change his mind. After all, you'd had him first, and even if he didn't like the change in behavior after I'd came around, there was no guarantee in my mind that he wouldn't pick you since you've been around him for the last few years now and treated him far better than me.

"I just didn't let it show because I knew nothing good could come of it. It wasn't going to make the conversation the two of you needed to have any easier, I knew he was already stressed out of his mind by then and I didn't need to add to it, and at the end of the day if he chose you instead, I deserved it. It wouldn't change the fact that I'd still hang around even if he chose you, Yoongi had been my best friend before he'd left for college, and ultimately just having him back in my life as my best friend, I'd decided, would be enough for me. It wasn't easy hiding my nerves, but I trusted Yoongi to do what was best for him, and that was most important to me. I didn't want to interfere with that."

We fall silent for a moment after that, just wandering down the streets of Seoul on our way back to the bakery. We're not too far away at this point, and I soon spot a coffeeshop for us to duck into. I nudge Jimin to make the suggestion, one that he wholeheartedly agrees to with newfound energy as he nearly drags me inside, causing me to chuckle at his antics.

"We all knew he had feelings for you for the longest time. I wasn't afraid as much as I was heartbroken, the day you showed up. I knew there was no way I could've gotten him to really fall for me when you'd came back around, knew you were still where his heart was at, and I knew it was only a matter of time before I lost him. I kinda quit paying attention to Yoongi so much because I was too wrapped up in hurt. Neither of you deserved how I treated you, and I really am sorry for that. It's actually been really nice to work with you these last few days. You make him incredibly happy, and that's what's important at the end of the day. You make him happy and treat him really well."

THE END
————————————————

A/N: Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!!! Sorry it took so long to finish updating this story 😭 love you all and hope to see you in another story soon! 🥺