Conforntation

Shehnaaz gulped. "I..I'm pregnant. You are going to become a father."

Sidharth rolled his eyes. "That is great news for Mayur. Go and call him, tell him that you're carrying his baby."

Shehnaaz grit her teeth in anger as she got up and punched her fist against Sidharth’s chest, crying out. "How can you even say this?! This baby is yours. YOURS! Not Mayur's! I never did anything with Mayur and that is the only truth!"

"I don't know what to believe, Shehnaaz. I can never believe anything you say anymore." he turned away from her and started leaving before she hissed as a sudden pain erupted inside her stomach. She felt so many cramps all at once. She fell down on the bed, clutching her stomach while Sidharth looked at her coldly.

He didn't want to care but a part of him was burning seeing her in pain..

He took out his phone and dialed a number. "Send a doctor."

~

Sidharth was sitting in the studyroom, going through the details of the divorce while Shehnaaz was crying in the other room before the doctor finally came and started doing her checkup.

After 20 minutes, the doctor came out and walked towards Sidarth.

"Mr Shukla, your wife-"

"My ex-wife." Sidharth corrected the doctor angrily.

"Sorry. Yes. Yes, your ex-wife is saying that you don't believe her child is yours. Do you want to get a DNA test done?" the doctor asked, making Sidharth's eyes widen.

"Oh..ofcourse." Sidharth said simply, he didn't believe the baby is his anyway as his mind was so clouded with the thoughts of Mayur and Shehnaaz... he felt like surely the test will come out as him not being the father of her baby, the test will just be a confirmation that he can show to Shehnaaz who keeps screaming that the baby is his and not Mayur's.

~

"Shehnaaz, pack your bags and leave." Sidharth came up in the morning to find her sitting infront of the mirror as she numbly took off her mangalsutra, her red glass-bangles, her diamond earrings that he had gifted her, and then she took a small piece of cloth and started rubbing off the sindoor that made Sidarth's heart shatter into tiny pieces all over again.

"Yes." came her sad response. She got up and took out her clothes from the wardrobe along with other stuff and started putting it all into a suitcase.

Sidharth looked silently as Shehnaaz sat in a taxi and left...

~

Sidharth stared at the portrait of Shehnaaz and him on their wedding day which was hanging in the bedroom. There was a bright smile on Shehnaaz's face and she was blushing looking at Sidharth.

He screwed his eyes shut painfully as he remembered how beautiful she looked on their wedding day. He remembered the amount of times she had said that she loves him that day. He remembered how they hugged and slow-danced and laughed and fed each other and made love all night on their wedding night.

Lies.
It was all lies.
A perfect illusion.
Fake and untrue.

Sidharth thought angrily before taking off the portrait from its nail and smashing it against a wall as it broke into pieces and started looking like the state of his broken heart. He fell down on the floor, screaming out in anger and hurt.

He placed his face into his knees before groaning out as his phone rung and it was an email from the doctor.

To: Mr Sidharth Ashok Shukla
Title: The DNA Test Result

Hello,
The DNA test has confirmed that the baby is yours, Mr Shukla.
Here are the images of the report which's copy will be sent at your home soon:

...

Congratulations!

Sidharth's eyes widened and his heart began thumping uncontrollably as he read the result...what?! The baby that Shehnaaz is pregnant with is HIS BABY?!!!!!!!

Sidharth was horrified as he read the DNA Test Result again and again, his mind was going crazy thinking that he is going to become a father.
He is going to have a baby...A baby...

He started chuckling, tears filling up his eyes as he went into a state of disbelief. 5 minutes passed before suddenly he became breathless.

"Shehnaaz...Shehnaaz..she has my baby." he spoke out loud. His cheating ex-wife is carrying his baby and he threw her out just this morning. He has to find her, she has his baby and he will never let go of his baby.

~

"WHERE THE F**K IS SHE?! FIND HER! I WANT HER INFONT OF ME RIGHT NOW." Sidharth barked at his officials, it's like she has disappeared. It's been 4 hours and still she wasn't found till now...

"Sir, please give us some time. W-w-we are trying our hardest." one official spoke up but the murderous rage in his eyes made him scared.

Sidharth grabbed that man's collar. "You are obviously not trying hard enough if she is not found yet. I don't give you losers such a great salary for being absolutely goddamn useless!" He let go of that man and started making some calls, all of his contacts, with each passing moment Sidharth was growing more and more possessive and protective of his child.

"Sir!" suddenly Aman called out making Sidharth hopefully look up while the familiar scent of rose perfume filled the atmosphere, the smell that Sidharth knows and recognizes the most.

"Shehnaaz.." Sidharth sighed out as he found her standing infront of him. They found her.

"Oh, so you realized that the baby is yours?" Shehnaaz spoke sarcastically.

"It still doesn't erase the fact that you slept with Mayur anyway, Shehnaaz. You are a cheater. Just because the baby is mine does not mean that you are guiltless and innocent." Sidharth spat.

She swallowed hard as all the officials left, closing the door while Sidharth stepped towards her and grabbed her by the shoulders. He then placed his palm on her stomach through the thin material of her sari and started caressing the skin of her waist.

"Wow." he breathed out happily thinking that he will have a baby soon. Even if his marriage with Shehnaaz did not work out and she broke his trust, atleast he is getting 1 good thing from this marriage. A baby. His baby.

"Don't touch me!" Shehnaaz pushed him angrily making a storm stir into Sidharth's eyes. He held her arm and pulled her back towards him so hard when she tried to turn and leave that she clashed against his chest.

"Where the hell do you think you are going, Shehnaaz?" Sidharth questioned sharply.

"I don't want to spend another moment with you, Mr Shukla. You are nothing to me. I want to leave." She spoke, obviously hurt at how he has divorced her and thinks she is a golddigger and cheater even though she is NOT.

"You are nothing to me too, Shehnaaz. But the baby..it is everything to me." Sidharth encircled his arm around her waist making her close her eyes as goosebumps came on her skin at his touch.

"I-I-" she tried to say something but he interrupted her harshly.

"SHUT UP. You are not taking my child away from me, you will stay with me until I get my baby. We will go to the court and they will give the baby's custody to me, because you have cheated on me. I'm sure of it that I'll get the custody." The moment Sidharth said, Shehnaaz's eyes widened in shock that her unborn baby's fate is already decided by Sidharth.

"I won't give you my baby! It's mine too! You can't just have full custody!" Shehnaaz cried out.

"You should have thought of all this before you f**ked around with Mayur behind my back. This is what you deserve, Ms Shehnaaz Gill. Oh and you will definitely not leave, you will stay with me until I get my child. There is Sidharth Shukla's child inside you, you can't just roam around in your middle class world while you have MY baby. Samjhi tum?!"