04. 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝.

________

________

I can't resist you after you caught my sight.
________

United States of America,
Alima Resort, Cambridge, Massachusetts,
8 : 00 PM

Cheshta's Perspective —

He draped his jacket around me, and I could see that he was shivering too. It seemed like he was also feeling the chill in the air. Despite his kindness, I hesitated to accept his jacket, worried that he might catch a cold because of me.

"Are you okay?" I inquired, to which he responded with a smile playing on his lips, "Yes, I am. How about you? How did you fall?"

Lost in admiration of his gentle features, I realized how closely I was observing him for the first time. Despite being on campus for a few weeks, I had only seen him surrounded by different girls until today, when he unexpectedly confessed his feelings for me.

"I just slipped," I answered his query, and he simply nodded with a reassuring smile before taking out his fancy phone to make a call. Before long, Jimin and Hazlin came running over to us.

"Hey, Jungkook! You'll catch a cold," Jimin admonished as he wrapped his own warm jacket around Jungkook.

"Pabo, are you okay?" Hazlin inquired, gently taking my face in her hands. I responded with a timid nod and averted gaze as her wrapped his scarf around me.

"Come on, I'll give you a ride," Jungkook offered, blinking his eyes persuasively. I shook my head and softly murmured, "I'll just walk by myself."

"I am not asking, you will get sick, let's go," he repeated as he saved me; I couldn't afford to get into any more trouble with him.

"Jungkook, come with us in the car. I know you brought your metal princess," Hazlin said, making a weird face as Jungkook frowned.

"Shut your mouth, Hazlin. My princess is much better than you," he chuckled darkly. "Hazlin, go directly to the office to prepare my file."

"Okay, boss. Cheshta, the boss will drop you," I nodded in agreement. She kissed my forehead, waved me goodbye with a smile, and Jimin handed a helmet to Jungkook. "You only bought one helmet."

"Thank you, Hyung," Jungkook smiled and waved goodbye to both of them as they left in their car.

Jungkook extended his hand to help me, but I refused, standing up with the help of the chair's arm. I wished I never got involved in this mess again. I stood up, and he rolled his eyes, making his way towards the parking lot.

"Stand here, I will be back with my princess," I wondered who his princess was. Maybe one of his flings or someone else; whatever. I stood there, rubbing my hands together.