You Learn My Secrets

Taylor's POV
"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" Gracie came into my dressing room. I had finished my show for the night and was packing everything so we could go home. We came back from Hawaii this morning and everyone was leaving tomorrow. It had been such a fun month.

"Yeah of course," I said and sat down. I patted the spot next to me. "Are you okay?" I asked her. She looked sad, concerned, and nervous all at the same time.

"I am. But Sky isn't." She said.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Gracie took a deep breath before starting to explain.

"Sky didn't give you all of her blades. She still had a hidden one. And I don't know if she has more back at your house. I walked in on her trying to cover her scars in Hawaii. There were so many new cuts." She told me.

"Wait what?" I said, trying to process everything she just said.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I didn't want the trip to be uncomfortable for her or you and I didn't want to tell you right before you went on stage either." Gracie apologized.

"Don't be sorry, it's okay. Thank you for telling me." I put my arm around her shoulders and pulled her into a side hug as I tried to pull myself together. I couldn't cry right now. I had to stay strong. "When was the last time she did it?" I asked. Part of me was scared to find out the answer.

"Second day of our trip," Gracie said. "She's been avoiding me since I found out about it so I haven't been able to get the blade from her. I'm so worried about her Taylor." Gracie's voice cracked.

"Me too," I said quietly.

"Sky's gonna hate me so much now. She begged me not to tell you." Gracie said after a while of sitting in silence and staring at the wall in front of us.

"She'll get over it," I assured her. She tends to be stubborn at first but she usually comes around after a few hours.

"I hope so," She sounded unsure.

"Hey, you didn't do anything wrong," I made her look at me. "You did nothing wrong." I repeated. "And she'll understand that. She won't hate you I promise." Gracie looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I'll talk to her tomorrow and I'll let you know how that goes." I smiled to try and get her to feel better.

"Thanks Taylor," She said and wiped her tears away.

"I'll meet you in the car, yeah?" I stood back up and pulled Gracie up with me. She nodded and gave me a quick hug before walking out of the dressing room.

I continued to gather my things and get ready to leave. I tried not to think about what Gracie told me so I could make it home without crying but that's not so easy to do. I sat back down and put my head in my hands. I tried to fight back my tears but they had a mind of its own. They started falling without my permission and I was a sobbing mess. I couldn't stop crying no matter how hard I tried to. It hurt me to know that my sister was hurting so much.

"Tay?" I heard someone walk in. I looked up to see Selena approaching me with a concerned look.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to keep you guys waiting," I said and tried to get up but she stopped me.

"What's wrong?" She asked and sat down next to me. This just made me cry harder. Selena rubbed my back and sat with me until I was calm enough to start explaining.

"Gracie came in and told me that she saw new cuts on Sky's legs," I started. "She made new cuts in Hawaii. She has more blades. I don't even know how many she has hidden." The tears kept running down my face.