𝔸 ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕤 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝔸 ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝔸𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕧𝕒𝕝

It all happened so fast in one swift moment that no one was able to stop it. Everyone was astonished, even Nicholas.

They all stared with surprise as (Y/n) clashed her sword with Nicholas's and glared up at the man after blocking an incoming attack from him just as he swung his sword down to stab at Edward.

"(Y/n)!" Edward called worriedly, but (Y/n) neither replied nor turned to look at him as she kept her gaze on Nicholas with unconcealed hatred and rage in her eyes. And Nicholas found himself becoming excited by that look in her eyes as he let out a chuckle in surprise. "I didn't think a fair lady like you would know how to hold a sword, my lady," he commented, making the (h/c) haired girl scoff at his words as she thrust Nicholas's sword away from hers without blinking an eye, catching Nicholas by surprise with her strength.

"Think you might want to rephrase that?" she questioned with her brow raised, pointing her sword back at Nicholas right away as she challenged him. With amused curiosity evident on his face, Nicholas also did the same, raising back his sword at her. "We'll just have to see, won't we?" he replied with a smirk and with that, (Y/n) and Nicholas became engaged in a duel.

Edward and Loen were both about to jump in, both worried about the (h/c) haired girl, but Duke Castillo held them back, shaking his head at the two males when they looked at him in question. "Do not interfere, boys. (Y/n) can handle this, herself. If you want to help her, just help by getting the others out of here."

"Your grace, wha..."

"Father, what do you mean do not interfere? (Y/n) is in danger," Edward tried to reason with his father, but the Duke only shook his head back, his lips curling up into a proud smile as he motioned a finger towards where the (h/c) haired girl was, "Watch closely, boys. Look at the way she's moving."

Not understanding what he was trying to imply, Leon and Edward hesitantly shared a look before turning their attention back to (Y/n) and observed the way she moved for a moment like the Duke has suggested and then, they both finally noticed what he meant.

(Y/n) wasn't struggling with holding the sword for even one bit.

In fact...the way she maneuvered her body while dueling with Nicholas even makes it seem as if she was trained and that this wasn't her first time holding a sword. Her movements were fluid and precise as if she had experience with years of training.

Edward's eyes followed every movement she made in awe as he watched her parried Nicholas's strikes almost with ease. Nicholas may have more experience with dueling as a knight, but his (Y/n) was also just as equally skilled as he did, every strike and parry she did was was as breathtaking as it was deadly, proving her to be an adept, formidable opponent to one who would challenge her.

(Y/n) was not just beautiful, but she was also an admirable warrior- a fierce, capable, alluring and mesmerizing one at that.

And seeing her in the full bloom of her prowess, his love for her swelled even more in that moment. A proud smile spread over Edward's face as watching her now, he realized his heart was being stolen anew even when it has stopped beating.

"Who do you think has been teaching Gaelan how to hold a sword and training him to duel better?" the Duke questioned rhetorically as he chuckled at the shocked and awe looks on both Loen and Edward's face and turned to start making sure everyone is out of the way from the duel now going on between (Y/n) and and Nicholas. "And she's doing all of that in heels. Now, come help me get everyone out of their way and to a safe distance," he said and Loen nodded as he followed the Duke while Edward remained in his spot just in case (Y/n) needed a back up.

Maggot and Carlotta silently cheered from the sideways, wanting nothing more than for (Y/n) to win.

As the duel progressed on, the clash of the blades echoed through the quiet the moonlit church and Nicholas' strikes towards (Y/n) became more precise, trying to find the weak spots in her defenses. He couldn't help, but finds himself smiling excitedly as (Y/n) skillfully evaded his attacks, the unwavering determination in her (e/c) eyes to beat him unexpectedly making him find her attractive in his eyes for the first time since he met her five years ago.