CHAPTER 93: His Truth

Depuis le début

As I close my eyes, warm tears fall and travel down my cheeks.

Knocks on the glass cause me to look up and I see Harrison on the giving side of the knock looking at me.

"It's going to be okay," he mouths.

He walks around the glass and into the room. As he steps into the room I notice a small vial of blue medicine and immediately recognize it as the medication made from Cordexia's powers. I think.

"Medication for her heart," he says when he spots me looking at the vial, "I supposed Jinx Spade never needed this," he says holding it up.

He hands it to Preston.

"I know it would be silly of me to ask how you are doing right now," he says, "Please tell me if you are calm because I need to tell you something and I don't want you to get upset."

He approaches me and takes my hands in his hands.

"Count to ten with me, please; breathe as you go."

"Why?"

"Please, Ari. Don't fight me on this. She needs you to be calm right now."

"I'm calm," I say and roll my eyes.

"Humor me, okay. One, repeat it and deep breathe."

In my peripheral, I notice Preston administering the medication in Ever's IV.

"Ari, repeat it," Harrison demands.

"One," I say as I close my eyes and try to deep breathe.

"Two," he says.

"Two."

"Three."

"Three," I repeat with irritation slightly laced in my tone.

"Four, breathe."

"Four."

"Five, relax."

"Five, I am."

"Six."

"Six."

"Seven."

"Seven."

"Eight."

"Eight."

"Nine."

"Nine," I repeat, staring to feel more relaxed.

"Ten, breathe."

"Ten, I'm breathing."

"Okay, are you relaxed?"

"Yes."

"Ari–"

"I'm fine. What is it?"

"Everyone is here in the hallway, including Liam. He wants to know how she is doing. We can't deny him that. He also wants to come in and see her," he says and squeezes my wrist.

I try to move my arms away from him but he pulls me into an embrace. My efforts to pull away from him seem futile but I continue to try nevertheless.

"Let go of me!"

"Shhhh, do you want to wake her up? He just wants to stand in the doorway; he knows he's not welcome here right now. Ari, we can let him have a peek or he'll find some other way which will end up in a fight between the two of you and absolutely no one is looking forward to breaking that up."

"He. Cannot. Come Near. Her." I breathe out.

"Fine. I'll tell him but–"

"He freaking assaulted her," I say under my breath as I lean my head back as if that will stop the tears that are threatened to fall.