Daunting ♣️

•Martina•

-Balcony-

What princess Eydis told me gave me a different feeling...

I seriously noticed the way princess Minorka eyed my man and her subtle charming yet intimidating ways didn't sit well with me. On top of that, she avoided or 'ignored' me most of the time. Even when she was subtly reprimanded by prince Chiron for how many times.

She appeared as though she wasn't interested at what I was trying to say or didn't have the patience to deal with my below average sign language. I was just glad her brother didn't notice any of it...

Because if he did, she'll surely get a traumatic scolding.

I sighed and thought about this whole set up...of me allowing this situation to encumber me. I am in love with the king and I know he will take care of me but... to what extent does his influence hold for me to keep him by my side? Seeing all these candidates to stand by him... and where is my place at the end?

while drifting, a very interesting scene caught my or rather our attention.
I believe the royal is princess Olivia of Netherlands.

Accompanied by her father, the king himself, she was escorted to greet the French King for the second time.

She curtsied yet a smile was missing.

She looked very serious, contrary to the expression given by the French king.

He had a very charming smile to which I recalled Miss Cecil address the gesture as something 'political'

She said he had to plaster a smile on his face most of the time despite feeling the opposite.

How cruel.

His smile remained at her as she politely took his hand and kissed it.

I felt my cheeks warmed in annoyance.

Normally, I would feel jealous.

He's my man after all.😒

A gentle nudge caught my attention  and I was surprised to find myself in the middle of the Russian prince and the Icelandic princess.

Alexander:

"We have a chosen candidate for the queen's slot. I'm calling it."

I felt my heart thump in worry.

What?

Eydis:

"Don't forget what I told you, Tinee. Never surrender."

I worriedly looked up at the towering Russian prince who is like a dear brother to me. I need to hear what he has to say.