▪︎Russia

▪︎Russia▪︎

•JM•

"Welcome back your highness."

I acknowledged a long row of servants upon stepping inside the royal Romanov summer palace; being assisted by my advisor and a few French palace guards who only tagged along to make sure of my safety. Avalanche and the rest of my friends waited at the entrance, everyone with a serious look on their faces. I already anticipated that I will be getting a few backlash at what I did back in Italy but as royals themselves, I'm sure some of them understood a very careful move.

"Stop. Leave."

I commanded my people the moment I walked past the gold line which signifies a private territory.

All palaces have boundaries like this.

This long gold line was decided to be painted at a specific spot the moment we all transferred here. Cecil and a few of my elite guards stood behind the line and bowed as I walked towards the royals who were silently watching me.

The women had decent welcoming smiles and the guys, still unpredictable.

One person was missing...

Well, I also expected this.

I needn't words. Even before I asked about her, they already gave way and looked at the same direction. Still, no words from them...

Which seriously alarmed me.

My steps were in a rush and my heart was beating fast. The moment I reached our room and opened our doors, I called out her name...

"Martina?..."

I called her in the gentlest way possible. I looked around the room and still couldn't find her... but then...

I noticed a pair of pretty tiny feet peering out behind the study table situated at the corner of our room. The tip of her feet which she probably thought weren't visible...

She was hiding from me...

In a careful way, I called out her name and crawled near the spot.

"Baby girl?..."

When I looked under the study table...

I found her sitting, embracing her knees and just...silent. Not even looking at me.

I gently held her slender arm and kneeled on my spot.