Chapter 40

Aria's POV

I groaned feeling like my head is being constantly hammered. Ugh, this pain. I clutched my head and tried to massage my forehead using my fingers but it didn't cause me any relief. I buried my face in the pillow and took some deep breaths. I can't even open my eyes right now because of this headache.

Deep breaths Aria, deep breaths, huff

This is the best lesson since I'm never drinking so much again. No matter how much those two idiots convince me. Speaking of the devils where will those two-

Before I could think further, a knock resonated through the door. I removed my face from the pillow and muttered yes but apparently it was very low and the person on the other side couldn't hear. Just my luck.

"Yesss" I said in the loudest voice I could muster.

The door opened and I still couldn't open my eyes. Damn it.

"Ma'am take these pills it'll help you." A voice said.

I tried to open my eyes and after several attempts I was able to do so. Everything was blurry at first but after a while it started to appear in a clear way. The first thing I noticed was the pastel blue walls which were soothing to my eyes due to the colour not being too bright. But wait my room doesn't have this colour-

"Ma'am ?"

I further looked at the door to see an elderly woman standing with a tray in her hands. Realising that she was the one who was calling me I settled myself in a sitting position while clutching the headboard for help.

"Yes madam, who are you and where am I ?"

"Ma'am please don't call me madam. My name is Martha and this is Mr Parker's residence. I came here to give you these pills to help you with your headache."

Mr Parker means Nathan ? No no no, all the memories from yesterday night started flashing in my mind. My cheeks started burning up remembering his words from last night. I can't believe I embarrassed myself in front of him last night. Ugh why would I do something like this.

A shiver went in my spine remembering that creepy guy. Why can't people understand that no is a no. It is as simple as that. Why to harass someone when they are clearly not interested in you. At Least everyone should have basic self respect for their own self.

"Ma'am, are you okay ?"

"Huh yes I'm fine. Also please call me Aria."

"Take these pills and have some lemonade. It'll help you with your headache."

"Thank you for bringing this for me."

I took the pills and the glass from her and gulped it in one go.

"Also the breakfast will be ready in a while ma'am."

"Martha, please call me Aria and where is Mr Parker ?"

"Mr Parker is out for his run and you can sleep for a while. It'll help the pills to act faster."

"Thank you."

"No problem Aria. I'll take your leave now."

She said and left the room after softly closing the door behind her. She is such a polite and sweet lady. I can feel my headache starting to reduce. I turned on my back and snuggled my face back into the pillow. The bed is so soft and comfy. I wish I could spend my entire life snuggling into this soft thing. Thinking about all this, my eyes closed on their own.

I heard muffled voices around me. I squeezed my eyes shut in order to open them but I had no energy left in me. Soon I heard whisperings and something placed on my bed. What is it. I moved my hands around the bed and found something soft on my right. groaned trying to remove the sticky feeling on my cheek. I removed it but again my cheek was being touched by something plumpy. Hmm what is this? I wanna sleep some more. I heard giggling sounds and opened my eyes to see grey eyes shining with mirth looking into mine.