Chapter 26

Aria's POV

We were about to enter the ball room when Nathan took my hand and went towards the corner.

"What happened?" I asked.

"There is something missing. Hang on."

What is missing now? We took everything required-

"Here."

He took out two masquerade masks from his pocket. One was dark blue with black design around it and the other one was of royal blue colour with less black design compared to the first one and small white diamonds around it. He gave me the second mask and began to tie his.

I shifted a bit far for him and tried to tie it on my face but due to the sleeves I was unable to do it. I was trying for around five minutes yet wasn't able to do it. I was getting frustrated and my hands were starting to pain because of my struggles. There was breath on my neck which caused shivers in my spine. I turned around to see it was Nathan. He was very close to me. But I remember standing far from him. I didn't even heard him come behind me. His closeness was effecting more than I like to admit. I tried to move but he was quick as he placed his hand on my waist and brought me back to his rock hard chest. Before I could say anything he spoke,

"Let me help you." He said in my ear with a deep voice. Damn, his voice was doing me things while creating tingling sensation near my neck because of his breath falling all over it. Not able to say anything I just nodded my head. He gave me a smirk for the way my body reacted to him. I turned my head in front to let him tie the mask.

He took my hair in his hand and placed them on my right side causing goosebumps to occur on my skin as my dress was backless. I heard him take a deep breath near my neck. God, why is he so close. I can't handle him being this close to me. This man is doing me things which no one has and it's very dangerous for me.

He tied the mask on my face but much to my dismay very slowly; taking his very own sweet time. His one hand was on my waist constantly though. He took my hair from right side and placed it back. I tried to move forward and thank god he understood my message and removed his arm from my waist. I moved a few steps away from him and looked back at him.

"Let's go." I nodded at him.

He once again placed his hand on my waist and we went inside the room which I presume is ball room. Inside was beautifully decorated with gold and white theme. There was huge chandelier right in the middle of the room which was enough to light up the whole room. The middle area of the room was created for dance. Tables with candles on them were surrounding it creating a circle around it. Food counter was placed at the far right side of the room with drinks section besides it. There was orchestra group to the left side with different musical instruments around them. The whole room screamed luxury and richness. Everyone was dressed in expensive gowns with diamonds in thier neck and ears. The sound of people chatting while sipping expensive wine can be heard. We were searching for Mr and Mrs Lockwood when an older couple with masks around thier faces approached us.

"Thank you for coming Nathan." The lady spoke. She was wearing a beautiful maroon ball gown with a heavy diamond necklace around her neck and red mask on her face. Her raven coloured hair with few greys were neatly tied in a bun. She was in her late forties I guess. Nathan took her hand and placed a soft kiss on the back of her hand while saying,

"Happy Anniversary Mrs Lockwood and the pleasure is all mine."

I came to know that they were Mr and Mrs Lockwood as he spoke.

"Oh come on Nathan don't call me Mrs Lockwood. It makes me feel old."

"Honey you are not old and if so, you would still be the most beautiful women" Mr Lockwood said.