Even though she hadn't responded, Voldemort nodded, the motion barely perceptible. Still, she probably should answer.

"I gave Harry multiple chances, and he failed all of them. Whenever I give Draco a chance, he passes. The choice is obvious."

Voldemort studied her for a moment longer, before motioning to the door. Delilah felt his presence leave her mind yet again.

"Get Narcissa. I need to talk to her privately."

Draco was leaning against the wall, his hands pressed in his pockets as he studied the door. When she opened the door, he straightened, his eyebrows creased as if he was asking if she was ok.

"You're turn," she whispered to Narcissa.

Without a word she entered the room, closing the door behind her.

"You alright?" Draco asked.

Delilah shivered, finally letting her emotions show.

"Yeah."

He didn't look convinced, but didn't push. She was grateful. She didn't know how to put her emotions in words yet. In fact, she wasn't sure she'd ever be able to.

The Dark Lord was intimidating, and Delilah now understood why all his followers were scared of him, power-hungry, or insane.

"Want to go to the waterfall? We don't even have to bring any of the books."

"Yeah, but we should go to the library. That way Narcissa can find us if needed."

Draco's face fell, but he nodded.

"Alright."

After a few hours of trying, and failing, to find books about Vanishing Cabinets.

All of them only said what they were, but there was no information about fixing them. It was obnoxious. Still, maybe at the end it would give a clue.

She was just getting into the book, when she heard a chair scrape. She looked up, but nothing was different. She went back to the book, and there the sound was again. This time she noticed a difference, Draco was slightly closer. She rolled her eyes, resisting a smile.

"Yes?"

He frowned, trying to look confused, but the mischief in his eyes made it clear he knew what he was doing.

"What?"

"Do you need something?"

"No, why do you ask?"

Delilah rolled her eyes.

"You've been moving your chair closer to me."

Instead of being abashed or even admitting it, he grinned and scooted even closer before leaning his head on her shoulder.

Again she rolled her eyes. Between Draco and Harry they probably were her strongest muscles.

She turned back to her book and had just found where she had stopped when Draco started playing with her hair.

Delilah felt her face start heating up and turned to him, giving him a quizzical look.

"Yes?" she repeated.

"What?"

"Do you need something?"

"No, why do you ask?"

Delilah sighed. She felt like they had had this conversation before. Oh wait, they had.

"You're playing with my hair."